ebay agents close chats but transcripts says user close chat window

trekgen
Community Member

Hi over the past week I have chatted to agents via chat over a seller geting paid issue (resolved today) and three of  those times until now I persisted and 3 different ebay agents ended the chat mid chat. Yet when I get the transcripts it is not shown that the agent closed the chat (chat window then asks do I still want to chat with another agent?) and bottom of transcript when received just states user closed chat (which is the case as we do have to close the chat window after the agent has abandoned the chat and we opt to not chat with another agent).

Has anyone experienced this ill record? Why does the chat transcript not reflect that agents do at times close the chats?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Customer service are mostly useless.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

If it is in the 'too hard' basket or taking 'too long' agents simply hang up

I think a lot of long time members here would tell you they have had the same thing happen to them

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Going forward, you would be better off posting your issues in the forms as we have a huge working knowledge of the platform - something the reps sitting in third world countries do not have.

Glad it got resolved though.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Why do you care? The issue was resolved, so obviously the chat agent pursued it to a satisfactory (for you) end.

The meat of the chat is the important bit, not who closed it.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Why do I care? Because that one issue took 11 agents and two days to plough though. When they abnormally close chats and then one has to start over again which  is frustrating and a waste of one's time. 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I reiterate, the issue was resolved.

So not a waste of your time. I'm assuming you're not royalty.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply