ebay zzzzz - boring

In regards to the decline of ebay for sellers of a certain size

I am one of them

I have just sent a message to Quicksales asking them to lift their game so they can attract more of us and hence more buyers.

They have many good points they can sell themselves on v ebay

They pay tax

They are cheap

They are Australian

I would like to suggest any disgruntled sellers do the same - let them know there are enough of us out there to make it worth their while to promote themselves more, and make a genuine effort v ebay

ebay don't want us, so we don't have alot of choice

Discuss

Robert

Message 1 of 81
Latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

ebay zzzzz - boring

Just got a reply from QS

We are glad to confirm that your enquiry has been answered and you can now login to read the reply using your Q.S.account.

Trouble is, when I log in theres nothing there...

HA HA...could this end up being a forum on how to adress QS problems...Ironic

Message 61 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

@clarry100 wrote:

Here is the response I got from QS. They replied in the same day too.

Thank you for your email.

At the moment we have a strategy in place to grow the quicksales domain authority and to drive more organic traffic to the website. We also have search engine marketing in place with Google and Bing.

This will help buyers and sellers become more aware of the quicksales brand.

We welcome your comments and have now marked them to the attention of management for their further consideration.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Don't hold your breath waiting. in 2009 they were going to have a huge marketing campaign..............still waiting for it.

Every time something happens on ebay and the prices/conditions change there are a few that look for other viable options ........slowsales are just not interested in spending money to advertise.

Message 62 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

@clarry100 wrote:

Here is the response I got from QS. They replied in the same day too.

Thank you for your email.

At the moment we have a strategy in place to grow the quicksales domain authority and to drive more organic traffic to the website.

More organic traffic - sounds like they were busy composting the garden.

Message 63 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

Not sure where all this negativity about Quicksales is coming from. The site needs to be encouraged if Australia wants a viable alternative to ebay.

Message 64 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

@egglesdtp wrote:

Not sure where all this negativity about Quicksales is coming from. The site needs to be encouraged if Australia wants a viable alternative to ebay.

The negativity comes from the fact that at this point in time QS is not a 'viable alternative'.

Plenty of sellers - no buyers.

The buyers are getting too much FREE STUFF from the eBay site.

Message 65 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

Yep ... it has started for me Smiley Sad  I have just received a negative ..... the 1st in over 4 years.

This seller never even contacted me to say it hadn't arrive. 

I never had the chance to offer a refund, replace the items or give a store credit.

Just WHAM, out of the blue, hit me with the neg.

I emailed the customer, nicely, to ask what else I could do as I didn't know they hadn't received it. But, thet are ignoring me...no reply back.

Ebay won't do anything as it is not against feedback policy

Just miss the way ebay used to be.

Message 66 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

@cmcoins2000 wrote:

The buyers are getting too much FREE STUFF from the eBay site.

All the more reason perhaps to encourage QS.

Message 67 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

Because quicksales doesn't work. You'll see...............everyone who has just moved all their listings over there in a month or two will be moving them back here. They have been around since 2005 they died in 2009 when the second and then third lot of owners bought it. No advertising since, same stagnant site.

No point flogging a dead horse

Message 68 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:

No point flogging a dead horse

As far as (sadly) QS is - there is no point in flogging a live horse.

Message 69 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

Bring it on... trademe.au!

Message 70 of 81
Latest reply