ebays aus post calculator discounting postage cost at checkout

I use the calculator ebay provides to indicate postage costs via aus post so buyers know what it will cost them whatever area they are in and can complete checkout without me having to send invoice first. Problem is I have noticed on a few items I sell that the total that is calculated in the listing differs to what is automatically provided on the buyers invoice and ebay is dicounting each buyer $1-$4

I dont want to sound like a conspiricy theorist but is this another underhanded attempt by ebay to get us to offer free post much like their long running "glitch" that prevented bank details from being displayed to buyers around the time they were pushing paypal on us.

anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

It wouldn't surprise me, could it be anything to do with the AP increases not being updated on the eBay site yet?

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

just a thought that if you are using calculated postage, the postage you see will be different to what the sellers see

like you can see $12 to post to yourself, but a buyer in another state sees the postage as $16

of course, that would be added to - not discounted as per your post - silly me  Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

It does sound a bit suss doesn't it ?

I don't use calculated so can't really hazard a guess at what is going on. And by the sound of the OP the amount is showing differently on the invoice, so that is strange too...

Friday glitch day early ??

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

First item Kahuna - showing $11.65 to my postcode (Sunshine Coast Qld)

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

garrcc
Community Member

I also had problems with Ebay calculator - it did not update with the postage rises from Australia Post. It now seems to be O.K - however I am finding that the Ebay calculator fails to work on larger parcels. Have contacted Ebay about this & the problem is that the Ebay calculator fails to allow for large parcels even though the dimensions / weight are within Australia post guidelines -  Hoe fustrating is that - considering that we as sellers will be paying FVF on postage even though the calculator does not work as it should to accomodate larger parcels.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply