eeeek photobucket !!!!

Probably shouldve known,  but found out by chance this afternoon when my husband was looking through my listings.  Toddler was sitting in his lap and clicked on one of the pictures in my item description-  took them straight to my photobucket site where i keep all my unedited product pics X-(

Boo,  we researched how to fix it so i will have to redo all my listings but i had no idea it was doing this.   

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

eeeek photobucket !!!!

**meep**
Community Member

yes you can change the code so it will not take you to your album when clicking on the image but wouldn't a quicker option be to change your photobucket settings to private?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

eeeek photobucket !!!!

well if i set the gallery to private can i still display them online through ebay?   

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

eeeek photobucket !!!!

well if i set the gallery to private can i still display them online through ebay?   

Yep - pretty much all my Photobucket albums are private. If you leave the link to the picture in the HTML code and the album is private, people who click through will go to the image, but not be able to view any others like they can if the album is public. 

I don't have clickable images either, though.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

eeeek photobucket !!!!

How do you make them non-clickable?

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

eeeek photobucket !!!!

How do you make them non-clickable?

You have to remove the HTML that embeds a link. A Photobucket HTML code contains two sections. The first is the part that makes the image clickable, and starts with 

The only part of the HTML you actually need to put an image in a listing starts with 

So if you delete everything in the code before that, the image won't be clickable. 

Or, you can type something like

into the HTML section of a template, and just replace the X's with the direct link (URL) of the image, making sure to keep them within the quotation marks.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

eeeek photobucket !!!!

awesome thanx digital!   thats saves me from having to read through all the posts from the us board regarding the subject.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

eeeek photobucket !!!!

**meep**
Community Member

'clickable' is not really the problem.  if you really dont want anyone to be able to view your other photos, you need to set it on private.  the url can still be visible by viewing the image info. 

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply