faulty item

Can somebody please advise me regarding an item I bought in May - a dash cam front & rear comera - the item is now faulty and doesnt work. I bought the correct sd card - the ones you should use for this kind of product. We have been in self isolation so havent used the car so I am not sure when it packed up.  I know it worked for a few months since I bought it so I guess it hasnt worked for 3 months.

I would appreciate some advise please.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

faulty item

If it's within180 days past sale date you could try a clain through Paypal's "resolution centre". If it's outside that then possibly a chargeback if you paid by credit card.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/go-to-the-resolution-centre-for-more-information-and-nex...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

faulty item

Thank you for your reply.  I just sent a lengthy text to the paypal assistant (I would have liked to talk to a real person but still) and told 'them' when I bought the item & that the rear camera didnt suit our station wagon and after many msgs the seller agreed to give me 10.00 to buy a swivel bracket to make the rear camera fit.  And like I said it worked for 2  months and then we self isolated for 3 months & hubby used the car yesterday & unfortunatley we needed to access the dash cam footage & there was nothing there.Neither the front nor rear camera work. We have tried all sorts of things but it wont work.  I did send the seller a msg but he hasnt come back to me.  I guess we have done our dash? 

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

faulty item

@dede550_1 wrote:

I guess we have done our dash? 

Is it past the 180 days since the sale date ?

Just to add, if you can/do open a Paypal dispute you need to activate the "limited return poatage offer" before you open it.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

faulty item

thank you for your reply.  No it is 5 months since we bought it bought 8th May 2020.

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

faulty item

@dede550_1 wrote:

thank you for your reply.  No it is 5 months since we bought it bought 8th May 2020.

In that case go through the 2 links I've given you and open a dispute with Paypal AFTER activating the "limited return postage offer"

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

faulty item

As padi said, open a PayPal dispute once you have activated the return postage coverage.

But... keep it simple. Do not try to explain the whole backstory. You should make sure that itโ€™s straightforward, concise, focused. The item is not working. It is not as described. You wish to return it for a full refund. Fin. Donโ€™t include extraneous and irrelevant detail.

(I am unequivocally the ideal person on these boards to advise on the subject of brevity. Yes?)

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

faulty item

@countessalmirena wrote:

(I am unequivocally the ideal person on these boards to advise on the subject of brevity. Yes?)

ATM countess ATM...................original.gif

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

faulty item

OK Im being a real OAP here. Do I click on that link you gave me the one that says webapp/mpps/returns? I dont have a mobile phone (I see apps & thinking that is to do with a mobile? )
Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

faulty item

Activate the free returns - https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns

Then open a case for INAD.

image host
Message 10 of 22
Latest reply