fed up with wtih ebay restrictions

Well after more than 10 years of selling on ebay I have decided enough is enough and I will no longer be selling items on this website. I am so tired of the amount of control and manipulation that ebay have over sellers. Unfortunately I have rec a few negs in the past 12 months for various reasons and I can cop that on the chin. But what I can’t get my head around is all the restrictions they place on you as a seller. I have a feedback score of 2765 which I think is pretty good and up until 12 months ago I was always on 100% but alas after a few problems which I will take responsibility for I am now down to 97.9%. Since my last neg any payments that I have received from paypal are now withheld for about 3 weeks. That to me is misappropriation of funds. And I would love to take them to court over that but I am just a small fish in their very big ocean and nor do I have the funds for that. So along with holding onto my money, they are also restricting how many items I can sell (not relisting GTC items) and apparently I can’t request to list more as my account is below standard, according to them. I am doing everything possible that they suggest, i.e. offer free postage, I day turn around, 30 day returns etc. etc. And then to really make me angry I tried calling them to discuss a problem I had and the recorded message said ‘your wait time is less than 10 mins’ but after 11 mins the music went dead and so did the line. I had to hang up, so I sent a message via email instead. I will now sell on my own website where I will be free of ebays listing and final value fees, no more restrictions on how many I can sell; I will be my own boss in charge of my own future. And yes there probably won’t be as much traffic at this point in time. But I will get myself organised with Social Media and direct traffic to my store that way. Ebay needs to be very careful as I am sure I am not the only seller that is leaving their nasty regime. There is a tidal wave of discontent happening out there in ebay land and I believe this company will go downhill if they don’t change their attitude towards sellers. And this ridiculous system where by sellers cannot give true and accurate feedback about a buyer is so unfair.

Ebay wake up and treat your sellers with more respect, without them you have nothing.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: fed up with wtih ebay restrictions

Couldn't agree more, I am fed up with ebay long ago, with their fees and stupid rules, can't do this can't do that for a reason why not. I was just relisting a second identical item while the first is still on web because i have more than one identical item to sell, but I can't bloody do that. why the hell not???? and while displaying Free listing fee I am secretly charged for it. There are so many traps in selling and every time the seller pays for it. 

Ebay is making as much money from my items as I am, what a rip off merchant. 

No point in trying to call them and try to negotiate, they are not interested in listening to a single seller, they need to lose millions of sellers globally before anything happens. 

As soon as there is an alternative I am out of ebay. 

I probably get punished for this rant by ebay but go ahead, make my day and the word will go around..

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

I sell Pure fiji products but I only sell their products sorry. I hope you can find a better alternative to where you are selling now, and yes I TOTALLY understand what you are going through.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Do you think they will ever realise that No sellers means No buyers and No Ebay. Sellers are what Ebay need, without sellers there's nothing to buy, no income for Ebay.
Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

That used to be the way - eBay no longer needs private sellers and small businesses to keep them afloat when they can just keep getting big name department stores like Target to run the show.
Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

It also works the other around too. If there is no one to buy then there is no business. Reminds me of southern cross station and the shops around star wheel. All completely dead. All these shops and no buyers.
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

allfixelectrical
Community Member
Wish I could give you 10 Kudos for this post.
Ebay needs to wake up to itself as a company as they are treating good sellers like trash at the moment.
Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

I have had awesome feedback and wonderful relationships with both my buyers and the seller i buy from...all of a sudden all my listings disappear...i contacted ebay and sobbed asking why...their aswer was i had below standard sellers dashboard...the only 2 neg i have ever received were not anything to do with me they were buyers who said the item was broken...what a joke...they also refused to send the items back...another woman refuses to pay the extra postage and ebay consider that tough luck...how can i sell and get my rateing back up to top rating...what a damn joke...so without sales how can i improve to ebay standards...i complained to ebay about a fraudulent scam and they were to investigate and i was told it was none of my buisness...i clearly stated in my many emails the names the connections and the fraudulent actions of these sellers...i have spent days and nights doing what is not my job forensic accounting...in the end i said i was going to report to office of fair trading and if need be the federal fraud dept...ah ha...ebay not happy about being called on an issue they are clearly aware of...my committment to my customers and other ebay sellers comes first and formost...and my reward in indefinate suspension...for what??? and for why???...ummm...anyone else spoken up and been suspended???...surely i am not the only seller to experience this...stand and be united sellers...protect your reputation and your buyers best interest...jude aka gacster_01

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

another woman refuses to pay the extra postage

What extra postage would that be?

The addon after sale, when you realise you don't know what the actual postage cost is and now want to charge the buyer more than the quoted price? Which is a nono. Do you acquiesce if your local Wollies/Coles/IGA/Aldi try to charge you more than the shelf price?

I would certainly stand united with anybody who could stop eBay allowing people to resurrect dead threads.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Hannu2004, instead of complaining about being unable to list a second identical item, why did you not just set up one listing with a quantity of 2?

I sell many identitcal items and I just update my quantities to suit what I have in stock.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply