feedback forum

why hasn't someone setup a feedback forum where you can advise of buyers or sellers doing the wrong thing, yes, I know, it would have to be off ebay

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: feedback forum

There was one years ago-don't know if it still exists.

Not a great idea as slander & defamation sort of spring to mind for starters.Then you'd have idiots complaining because ONE person left them a neg that added to their 50 other ones,so they'd be called a scammer

etc etc etc

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

It opens the door to some posters abusing what was well intended.

How would one differentiate between a genuine post and a competitor downing their rival.

Or perhaps a revengeful tirade against a member that simply followed procedure.

I don't know if names on another list would help anyone that has honed their skills in selecting a seller. Perhaps it would help newbies and buyers that purchase once or twice, but how would they know to check the list?

The examples of similar may have been more necessary in earlier days of internet trading. However, with the feedback and strikes system, a shame list doesn't appear as important.

But you posting on this topic once again as many others have, reiterates the need for ebay to include some further means to retain credibility to a potentially very safe means of online trading.

I have often thought the implementation of automatically putting blocks in place for all members will eliminate many problem buyers. Secondly faster policing actions on reports by members to ebay will reduce problem sellers. These two factors alone should improve the experience on ebay and I wouldn't be surprised if ebay finally realize the necessity to do so in the near future.

image host
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I guess as well what some people think makes a seller/buyer bad isn't the same for all people.

I have used one seller many times and have never had any problems. I buy one item often, anyway I ordered about a month ago and noticed her feedback had dropped so I read the comments. The comments were saying about the product itself and she recieved a few negatives. But this was not her fault. Thats how the product is designed. Hey its why I buy it. But she still packages well, send fast, combines postage lets you know when its posted but through someone elses eyes they would say she was selling bad good.

When life gives you lemons.
Squeeze them into people's eyes
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

piratepete2ndid
Community Member

It might be because those who would post on such a forum would tend to be serial advertisers/complainers.

The sort who would list books from a publisher's catalogue, not advise they were dropshipping, complain when they got negs for not being able to supply books they had advertised, didn't delist the books they knew weren't available, couldn't understand why a buyer would be a tad upset by such.

As a random example.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

In other words pete, another attack on me by yourself, that was 12 months ago, I did remove them.

I am so sorry I am not purfect like you.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

And there is your answer,   it would open the flood gates to who knows where 😞

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is only with the heart one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Quote:  ' why hasn't someone setup a feedback forum where you can advise of buyers or sellers doing the wrong thing, yes, I know, it would have to be off ebay' end quote

--------------------------------

Like most, I've bought on ebay for over ten years now and it's my opinion that ebay doesn't care where its money comes from.  So that's the bottom line:  as long as eBay's ahead on the game, it doesn't give a damn

Next:  ebay is NOT going to jeopardise its profits by letting the cat from the bag re: unhappy ebay users.  From eBay's point of view, the less who know of unsatisfied users, the better

Added to which, eBay's own nose is far from clean..    In any discussion about unsatisfactory transactions, ebay itself will emerge as party to that dissatisfaction, because it's not interested in fair-go ----------- it cares only about profit.  Which is why sellers with dozens of Negatives are still allowed to sell and still carry the ebay description 'Top Seller' or whatever it is.  Due to sheer volume of transactions, their dozens of Negs are absorbed into their overall Feedback percentage.  Buyers who've collectively lost thousands of dollars through trading with that seller are left on their own to suffer their loss.  And ebay continues to promote the sellers responsible as 'Top Sellers'.  So eBay's interests are made clear, right there

Defamation is only defamation is it is untrue.   Telling the provable truth is still NOT a crime in this country

However, once again, ebay would suffer if the number of unsatisfied users became widely known.  And ebay does not intend to suffer.  The suffering is relegated to individuals who, one way or another, have lost through ebay purchases and/or sales

The chances of ebay implementing a forum whereby people could broadcast their unhappiness with ebay are nil.  As you might have noticed, even this forum is heavily moderated in order it will not damage eBay's profits

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply