finish your listings now and sell free of selling fees?

Is anyone else getting the promotion - finish your listings now and sell free of selling fees?   I have had this promotion 4 times now and everytime i go to finish the listing i get charged at the end $1.65.  Each time i have asked an agent and each time they are hopeless saying if you list i can manually credit back the fees you will get charged.  They say there has been a problem but this has been going on for months now.   Im sure some sellers go to list and get charged and dont know it!!!

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Selling fees and listing fees are two different things.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Have you checked the  T&C's for the promo,  does it include free listing fees as well as  FVF,  and more importantly does it include

listing fees when you have allready exceeded your  mothly free listings.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

under that it does say zero insertion fees and final value fees - NO fees except paypal of course

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Pay $0 insertion and final value fees on the next 2 items you list & sell.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

I believe this promotion is different to the "list as many items as you can for free" promotions. In that, even though it's a fee free promo, the listings still come off your free allocation. What that means is, if you have already used your 40 freebies for the month, it will charge you an insertion fee because you are going over your 40.

I think there is some glitch in it because despite saying insertion fees a free, that's only if you still have freebies left. I would list the items and then request a fee credit back from eBay. That's about all you can do at this point. Hopefully they'll fix it one day (yeah, I know, I'm dreaming again).

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

As the new managed payments take 3-4 days to clear into our bank accounts, It would be nice if eBay could reinstate 100 Free Listings, instead of the 40.

Some of us are unemployed and not recieving benefits, so can't afford to upgrade our accounts.

I know many eBayers used to rely on being able to transfer funds almost Instantly,but now we have to wait 3-4 Business days

That Extra 60 listings would make a big difference to myself and others relying on the ability to access sales funds quickly.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Yes you're not the only one here, they advertise no final value fee and then you have to cough up the full fees when the item sells! It's very misleading & very unfair!

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

True, I received the offer “ pay no more than $1 at final fee for your next 5 sale “ ends at April 9, and I sold 1 item on Friday April 9, buyer paid the same date, shipped out this morning Monday April 12, now my payment showed $120 fee charged out of $900 sold value. I will contact them tomorrow, it’s wrong 

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply