first neg feedback unfair

ok, woke up to my first negative feedback.

this fellow bought a second hand toy car from me and recieved it just fine.

i know because he sent me a message with photos of the car saying it had a repaired part on it, which it did, i never said the car was new.

it was restored and sold 'as is'

so in retaliation hes given me negative feedback with the message the item was sent to the wrong address!

it was sent to the address he has registered and tracking proves it was delivered on time.

sold on the 11.5.19 delivered 20.5.19

where should i go now?

Message 1 of 50
Latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

i'm obviously no expert but i rekon millions of batterys are being sent in the mail everyday.

i'm looking to purchase some rechargables now and most likely will buy from outside australia as its cheapest.

have bought many battery packs for radio control cars from outside australia and never had an issue.

Message 31 of 50
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

i'm obviously no expert but i rekon millions of batterys are being sent in the mail everyday.

i'm looking to purchase some rechargables now and most likely will buy from outside australia as its cheapest.

have bought many battery packs for radio control cars from outside australia and never had an issue.

That's fine, as long as you don't mind losing the occasional lot at Customs. Or having your house burn down and your insurance voided.

Something about penny wise...

Message 32 of 50
Latest reply

"So just to help the less tech savvy, the highlighted sections mean that a smart phone, or even a laptop can be sent providing it is properly packed, and not some unusual item like a laptop with 2 batteries, or a torch with 4 batteries.

• A typical laptop has 1 battery containing 3-4 cells with a watt hour rating of about 50-100 watts.
  • A smartphone typically has 1 battery containing 1-2 cells with a watt hour rating of about 10-20 watts."

.. so we can send iphones with batteries in the post then .. 

That is handy information there too purplemon about the watt hours etc .. lithium batteries really are changing the world as we know it .. I remember the days when mobile phone manufacturers bragged about 12 hour standby time and 8 minutes talk time .. doesn't seem like long ago ..

Message 33 of 50
Latest reply

Or having your house burn down and your insurance voided.

Insurance voided? .. how does that work davewill? I can imagine them insurance companies having lots of fine print so people arn't really covered for much but hadn't heard of that one ..

.. on a side note about fine print people should look closely at what auspost covers for loss or damage via registered and insured .. lol .. sweet FA is actually covered and auspost can wriggle out of most claims with their fine print clauses but will usually honour lost parcel claims regardless of the contents etc although if push came to shove they could deny most claims due to the actual parcel contents .. I tried to claim for a damaged electronics item delivered to me a few years back ( a very expensive computer monitor) and auspost pointed me to the fine print clauses and was blown away at how little people are covered for and had to eat the full loss!! .. and of course auspost just keep charging us more and more to register and insure without increasing the actual value we receive in return .. in some case reducing that coverage .. I registered a letter the other day and it was $4.20 plus stamps and then to add insult to injury had to pay 50cents for a priority stamp so that it was delivered a few suburbs away within a week .. like seriously the whole cost was equivelent to a 500 gram tracked satchel!! ..  a special thanks goes out to the ACCC for screwing us dumb aussie fatted cattle over yet again ..

Message 34 of 50
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

Just to be clear, AP specifically prohibit sending lithium batteries that are not inside a device.

A good way to think about it is that sending lithium batteries is prohibited, but AP realise that many devices such as smart phones, laptops and dash cams have non-removable batteries, so they made an exception for them.

As you say though, I'm sure batteries are being sent all the time.

In all honesty, lithium batteries are fairly stable for the most part. The most dangerous time is when they are being re-charged or if they get physically damaged.

From what we know about the exploding* samsung phones, the design flaw was actually in the phone. There was not enough room to allow the batteries to expand - which they are designed to do to some extent during normal use.

From what we know about those ride on electric scooters that caught fire, the fault was that the batteries were not meant to be used in such high drain devices, especially without over-charge or over-discharge protection circuits.

*Explode is an exageration, caught fire and shattered the screen is more accurate.

Message 35 of 50
Latest reply

@ringinthedingding wrote:

Or having your house burn down and your insurance voided.

Insurance voided? .. how does that work davewill? I can imagine them insurance companies having lots of fine print so people arn't really covered for much but hadn't heard of that one ..

Using a non-compliant (Australian Standards) electrical device will do it.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 36 of 50
Latest reply

Just to add, the firey's will usually investigate the cause of a fire and will pass that on to the insurance company if requested (and they normally would ask for the cause of the fire.........)

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 37 of 50
Latest reply

I have an old Telecom Gondola Phone from the 80s which according to someone I mentioned it to, thought it might be worth a few dollars.  I just keep it because I like the design (mine is brown) and it's a reminder of a frustrating encounter with Telstra and their dreadful service.  I can't imagine why anyone else would want it as it is pre digital, let alone pre wifi.

And that reminds me......it's not just old addresses that reappear on eBay.  So do old phone numbers.  Last year a seller included my phone number on the post label....only it was my old work number.  I had changed that on all my documentation (eBay PayPal etc) ages ago....before I retired in fact.  Sure enough when I checked, the number was back.  Had to change it again of course.  Weird.

Message 38 of 50
Latest reply

Hello, everyone. It's very important to keep your discussion relevant to the topic. If you have something else to talk about, please start a new thread. Remember irrelevant posts might be removed. Thanks.
Message 39 of 50
Latest reply

Irrelevant posts might be removed,how about irrelevent threads, why haven't they been removed ie old threads that just keep getting reborn lol.

Message 40 of 50
Latest reply