funniest advice from ebay

For the first time ever I just had an item edited direcy from ebay as I am a valued customer so it was edited by them to prevent removal. It states ''We removed the statement, ?not beads" from the title and description As you list other items to our site, please be sure that you're not adding any brand names not related to your listing''. Got to laugh as never knew beads were a brand name. So many false Swarovski allowed on ebay, all mine are genuine, yet I am not allowed to say not beads. Anyone else get anything funny -or am I missing something here?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: funniest advice from ebay

Dunno about beads,but I know they've lost their marbles 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Dunno about beads,but I know they've lost their marbles 

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

They would consider it keyword spamming, which it technically is.

'not' anything means it is not relevant to the item for sale, therefore...

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Maybe you can change it to say "Bead-less" in the title?

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Like your answer! gave me a good laugh.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Did not consider that thanks, I thought they were referring to brand names. I see a lot of beads listed so wanted to let people know they were not beads in the description. It was not in the title. Maybe I can say they are solid crystals without holes? (see I cannot spell direct either in my earlier posting)

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@justcruising48 wrote:

Maybe I can say they are solid crystals without holes? (see I cannot spell direct either in my earlier posting)

"Not" has been a pretty volatile word in the past, because people were using it to list generic items and then keyword spam by saying (for example) "Not Asus Dell HP Acer". At one point, listings with titles containing perfectly innocent phrases like "Forget Me Not" were removed and the sellers issues with policy violations. 😕

But, I have similar items (not beads Smiley LOL ) where they are made with and without holes - I just use 'no holes', because it's actually a relatively common search term. For bead-like items you can also use words like 'solid' and 'undrilled' - not as likely to be search terms, but conveys the same thing. 

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

hahahah

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

The bots are picking up the word "not". I got jeans pulled because I put "not stretch" denim. The rest of te not eyou gort was standard cut and paste and obviously not tailored exactly to your listting.

A search for "beads" would include your listing, even though it has no beads. Deliberate spammers use phrases such as "not levis" etc. 

I guess the fact they edited it shows they differentiated between deliberate spamming, so thats something

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply