hardly sell in ebay and got told tracking no is enough for claims

Hi i was told awhile ago when selling on ebay and to be eligible for paypals selling protection that i needed not just a tracking number but reg - signature.  Otherwise if the parcel is not received even with tracking i would loose all the money and buyer gets refunded. 

I have one at the moment i cant believe as i sell 100's on another selling platform and never have lost parcels.  In a few listings i have recently done,  one has gone missing for 2 weeks so far.  I have reg post with the slip and no and buyer is being nice about it and ive sent the photo of the reg slip. Buyer has started the process.  Now if i didnt have this would i loose all the money and even having this and aust post could of lost it am i still screwed??

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

What does the tracking show on oz post site/ Put the muneber into the search bar  https://auspost.com.au/mypost/track/#/search  and see what that says. It may be lost or still sitting at the post office waiting for collection. Dont panic. If you have tracking your covered. 

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Goodness me Tiggy, what’s going on there? You seem to be right innit.

I’m not 100% sure regarding your question, but someone will be along directly with an answer. 

Melina.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

If you send an item by registered post and it does not get delivered - it is insured by Australia Post and they should pay out.   That's what registered post is for.   Start an official inquiry with Aust Post if you haven't already.

if the buyer starts a dispute - reply with the details of your Aust Post inquiry and keep doing so.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

its all good its been found and they have received the item.  

but with the tracking no is that all i need to be eligible for seller protection for future sales or do i need signature and reg

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

You will require tracking (proof of postage) to be covered with regard to PayPal claims.

You will require tracking and successful delivery (proof of delivery) to be covered with regard to eBay's Money Back Guarantee if you're selling overseas. According to eBay's Money Back Guarantee Policy, you'll also need proof of delivery if a domestic customer opens an "item not received" request. Quoting, "If asked to step in, we review the information provided by the buyer and seller for evidence of successful on-time delivery to the buyer."

You will require "proof of signature to confirm delivery for items with a total cost of $750 or more" to be covered under eBay's Money Back Guarantee for high value items.

If your items are not very high-value, then it's worthwhile your considering "self-insuring". That means you would charge a little extra for each sale, and put that extra amount aside into a self-insurance fund. The total annual amount should be enough to cover refunds to buyers if an item goes missing. (That way, you would not need to send via a tracked postage method, which will bring down the cost for your buyers - always a good thing to attract more buyers.)

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply