have many sellers noticed a huge down turn in sales the last 3 months?

I have been doing ebay for 10 years and never seen it this bad.

I ring them every week but they keep saying nothing is wrong people can see my site.

I don't beleive them.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Smiley Frustrated
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

saarzi
Community Member

Almost everyone.

Theres multiple threads on this subject already - have a little look through the boards and youll find out some of the KNOWN reasons why this is happening, and some additional theories.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Hello margomeoz,

after seeing so many similar treads on the subject we had a little discussion at work about that with mainly ladies, and a few men as well - and the general opinion is that it appears that shopping on Ebay is becoming a stigma - no one wants to own up that they are buying anything.

It's fast becoming a social pariah - with all the thousands of new indi sites/stores opening up, plenty other choices to shop.

And all of them, without exception much easier to navigate and choose things, less time consuming.

Sellers "much more pleasant to deal with", one can ring them, have a chat - another words, more human content.

And most likely for that reason, everyone is saying that the merchandise is always first class, nothing ever goes wrong, all those people have their own stores and reputation to maintain, long term - not transitory blow ins like it could be on Ebay. (Or perceived as such ) - as here no one talks to each other, everything is very impersonal - I have even read quite a few times here how buyers and sellers actively dislike even talking on the phone to each other! Big mistake!

And few people who said they were still selling on Ebay were almost afraid to admit to it, they told us at work as we all know each other - but said they would never own up to it in public.

They also said they couldn't disclose the same to their suppliers - as they wouldn't get any supplies!

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

x3n0m
Community Member

I am seeing that the item specifics are now just a hit and miss affair where half the time it literally does not work .. ebay did away with sub categories back in 2006 so they could introduce their play-favourites/peeek-a-boo/disruptive-innovation with their best match default search driven model, it has all been downhill since then .. any ebay seller who thinks this website is now "better" without accurate sub categories and replaced with a broken data base is either deluded or an ebay insider being spoonfed sales to the detriment of their legitimate competitors ..

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Yes I am down 80% in the last 2 months and I have my suspesions this is only happening to smaller to medium sellers, I won't rave on about it too much as it's all been said before.They want us gone and this is another way to wear us down until we leave and the bigger sellers take over then they will leave and ebay will be no more. How dare we take a small share of the market from them, after all they have families to feed as well............................. 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Same here.  For me, there was a peak two weeks before Xmas.  Last year I was doing so well, then since Xmas it has changed dramatically.  Some days go by and I don't sell anything.  Yesterday I dropped all my prices for 24 hours to see if it made any difference, and I sold a few prints overnight.

Recently I got contacted by a guy asking me to draw his pride and joy Holden Torana for him.  It takes hours but I usually charge $80 to do it but have worked out a way to do it economically for just $33.  He asked if I would do it for $15!  Seems like people want everything for peanuts these days, no matter what is is!

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply