how do I take an item off ebay after it is sold?

I sold my bowls & need to take it off the site but I cannot find anywhere to do so

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Go into your SELLING page and use the drop down menu on the right where it says Sell Similar - and choose  END ITEM

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Once you sell an item on ebay, it won't be listed

Unless you sold elsewhere which is against ebay policy to list on ebay AND somewhere else at the same time

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

@enigmabear wrote:

Unless you sold elsewhere which is against ebay policy to list on ebay AND somewhere else at the same time

The OP has not stated the item was listed in two places.    In fact, these days I believe ebay does not enforce this policy other than in the case there a buyer uses ebay to obtain a seller's details and then offers to buy privately.

If it is the case that the OP just sold his bowls somewhere else privately,  it is not against policy.     Why else would there be the option: 

Select a reason for ending your listing early. The reason will appear on the Closed Item page.
 The item is no longer available for sale.
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

@enigmabear wrote:

No its not.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

In fact, these days I believe ebay does not enforce this policy other than in the case there a buyer uses ebay to obtain a seller's details and then offers to buy privately.

Correct, eBay have changed their policy on this.

Several years ago, it wasn't allowed to list on eBay and advertise it elsewhere.

Mostly because of auctions, once a bid is placed, it's sold and seller is obligated to selling it to the highest bidder on eBay.

image host
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

This was one of eBay's Magical Mystery Policies Smiley LOL

The closest current policy is that you're not allowed to say (in a listing) that an item is also being sold elsewhere. 

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/item-description.html

Under "Not allowed" - Listing an item and stating that you're simultaneously selling it outside of eBay

Which, if taken literally, doesn't actually preclude statements like "item advertised elsewhere", though if you had that in a listing and got pinged, you'd be arguing semantics with an eBay CS rep, which brings back memories of paper cuts and lemon juice. Smiley Surprised Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

@enigmabear wrote:

The OP has not stated the item was listed in two places.    In fact, these days I believe ebay does not enforce this policy other than in the case there a buyer uses ebay to obtain a seller's details and then offers to buy privately.

If it is the case that the OP just sold his bowls somewhere else privately,  it is not against policy.     Why else would there be the option: 

Select a reason for ending your listing early. The reason will appear on the Closed Item page.
 The item is no longer available for sale.

It is possible to sell via ebay but not be able to record the sale - years ago I listed a lounge suite....eventual buyer did not place a bid or "buy now" but contacted me to inspect, paid the $50 and took suite away.  I asked them (and subsequently messaged them) to place the bid/buy now so that I could mark as sold and finalise through ebay - surprise, surprise......no response.  Was left with no option but to "cancel" the listing on ebay....saved me the ebay fee but felt uncomfortable about it......nothing else I could see that I could have done.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Thank you

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply