how do you mark an item as delivered?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: how do you mark an item as delivered?

I realise that, but unless the OP put stamps on the parcel, it should have automatically generated a tracking number when they handed it over the counter. Tracking on parcels took over from registering several years ago and is now automatic. I can't understand how the trainee could stuff it up, even if it was their first day. Parcels you key everything into the computer and it spits out a label. Registered you key some of it into the computer, but they have to scan the bar code on the orange label. The orange label then gets stuck on. They usually have to get the book with the labels from a drawer, or under the counter somewhere, so would be a deliberate action.

This is a situation where having My Post is good. By the time I get back to my car (out the front of the PO, only metres from the door), the tracking numbers show in the app. Registered numbers also appear. If I go into each one, it tells me if it's normal parcel post, express, or registered. At least that way the OP would know what they had purchased. Lucky the have an honest buyer. This transaction could have ended really badly.

OP, did you upload any tracking number into eBay when you marked the item as posted?

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Except that it's a fluke if they even bother scanning it.
Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

OK everyone, I assume OP means original poster ;-p.  I'm glad I kept you all entertained amongst yourselves for a while.

Let's get it back to basics.  I purchased a service where Australia Post can track the transaction.  Myself and my buyer online however cannot.  I have a tracking number if I need to make inquiries (manually).  I have signature on delivery - proof once it has indeed been delivere.  The trainee mucked up as the 'tracking' is not tracking as your everyday layman consumer defines it - ie 'I or my customer can track the item on a daily basis'.

The above as a given, none of it helps with my original question which no-one appears to actually have been able to tell answer - is there a way to mark an item as delivered on eBay?  I assume not? 

That being the case, I suppose I will need to directly approach eBay / PayPal to see if they will recognise the item as delivered so that I can minimise my wait time to receive my payment.

If I am missing something let me know. And finally, yes I was very lucky to receive a one off sepcial gift from a very dear friend. Thanks everyone for your reponses.

M

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

I think it's already been said, but here goes again. No, you can't "mark an item as delivered". Only proof of delivery is the tracking saying it has delivered. If you don't have that, then you will more than likely have to wait the 21 days from payment until it clears. No point calling eBay, it's nothing to do with them. As has been mentioned multiple times, ring PayPal and ask. Without the tracking, they will more than likely say no. No harm in trying though.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply