how does a seller leave a negative rating ?

how does a seller leave a negative rating ?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: how does a seller leave a negative rating ?

You can't and neither should you want to. It is against ebay policy and if you leave a pos with a negative comment ebay will, at the request of the buyer, remove it and your account will be sanctioned.

If it is because of non payment then you go through the unpaid item process and the buyer gets a strike against their account, much more effective than a red dot that nobody is going to see. Back when sellers could give negs I certainly didn't have the time or the inclination to trawl through the feedback of every bidder and buyer to see if they have a justified negative.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Is it for non payment ? There is a way to leave comment and follow comment that is not against policy ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Not to mention a closed-without-paying UPI case also makes it so the "buyer" also cannot leave the seller nasty feedback to the seller for not giving them a free item or making the seller wait a month to receive a few dollars.

Eight days, an unpaid item strike (1 of 2 needed) plus a big fat zero added to their (usually pitiful) feedback score is good enough in my opinion. The only thing that should be visible to sellers is how many non-payment strikes they have had, even if you do have the buyer blocks set. They can see if we're a store or a PowerSeller and/or Top Rated, so why can't we see how naughty or nice they have been? Santa has an advantage that we don't!

I still groan when I scroll down to see someone with a score under 20 and hasn't paid straight away, especially for a three dollar item.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Most of the buyers that the system blocks on my behalf have high feedback, often over 1000. I have very few problems with newbies so I don't require phone verification.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply