how much would you pay online for a normal $100 note

in the sun on page 3 today , they were talking about unwanted gifts as many put the gifts on ebay and co on boxing day, but this bloke in nz  did not want his gift of a $100 note so put it up online as of yesterday it is already $105.55   mmmm

Message 1 of 60
Latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

problem is once Ebay and Paypal get their hands on it he will only end up with $7.50

Message 11 of 60
Latest reply

i will have to go to the site and find it, 

Message 12 of 60
Latest reply

Just worked out what he would get as it stands he will lose about $12.37 to make $100 for the $100 note it would need to sell for about $120 that is allowing $4 for postage I know I would be sending $100 note registerd for sure. 

Thought I would google it and check it out for a laugh the current bid is $157.00 lol wonder how much I could get for the 1 $5 note I have left after Christmas 😉

Message 13 of 60
Latest reply

Even though the note looks like an every day $100, the signatures may have changed to whatever the current ones are, therefore increasing the value to a collector. It could easily be an overseas bidder too, who often pay more for currency from other countries, even if they are current notes.

It could have also been a joke listing to see what he could get for it too as some people will bid on anything. How many gift cards do you see selling for way more than face value?!

Message 14 of 60
Latest reply

he does not care , it looks like a rift to who gave him the xmas gift ,it sounds like he wants nothing to do with the note, its the buyer who looses out .

Message 15 of 60
Latest reply

Thanks Kopes. Not friendly with the bank at all. I don't know the last time I went in there, I do everything online or phone banking. It might be worth asking my step daughter as I think she is still friends with some people she was working with. How dare she leave and get a better job!

Message 16 of 60
Latest reply

I have just been reading the comments it is just a regular $100 note I think it was put up mainly for a laugh and the seller expected to lose a few dollars but he is quids up and 3 days of bidding still. Not sure how that auction site works but the publicity it is getting could be worth thousands to the right buyer 😉

Message 17 of 60
Latest reply

just came back from the site and its gone viral, 3500 on the watch list  at $157 now  , and its a normal note  he even says the picture is not the note you are getting  its a normal note, and if you see the amount of  ask the seller a question  ,it could take days to read them all ,these new zealanders sure know how to party mmmm

Message 18 of 60
Latest reply

I hope the winner goes ahead with it and does pay for it in the end.

Message 19 of 60
Latest reply

update it is the highest viewed item this year over 100.000 views now $180  its now revealed he did put it up for a joke , but has now made a statement that all money will go to ronald mcdonald house.   but the best part is ,  its a pick up only  and he wants cash lol.

auction finishes 2/1   but they have auto extention so could finish in 2 months time  lol

Message 20 of 60
Latest reply