how to sell multiple items without being a shop

I have a number of balls of knitting wool to sell & would like to give people the option of buying just 1 ball or 10 balls.

How do i do this - when i tried to change the invoice recently (someone wanted 6 balls not just 1 ball) i couldn't change the amount.

HELP - am i just missing something obvious?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: how to sell multiple items without being a shop

By adding the extra to an invoice is circumvention of ebay fees and is a policy violation.

You will have to say in your listing you have more and if you require more you can make a listing for that person with the amount they require.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

so, i advertise 1 ball + state that I have more than 1 to sell, then if someone wants, say, 6 halls, I then make a new listing for 6 balls which they then buy straight away?

What about postage - just adjust that on the second listing?

And, thank you for your help!

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

You'll have to word it carefully to avoid being construed as an attempt to make off-eBay sales. I'd just put a simple line line: If you require a different quantity, please enquire for a custom listing.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

if you want the features ebay supply to Store sellers, you'll need to pay the fees that Store sellers pay.

you cant have it both ways, free listings and upgraded features

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

But don't ebay charge me a percentage of what is sold anyway - sold if I sold 1 ball, or 200 balls, they would still make a percentage of that.

I would just like to offer people the option of buying just 1 ball or 10 balls, rather than offer say a bundle of 6 balls, 5 balls etc.

Or maybe ebay selling isn't that adaptable

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

But don't ebay charge me a percentage of what is sold anyway - sold if I sold 1 ball, or 200 balls, they would still make a percentage of that.

I would just like to offer people the option of buying just 1 ball or 10 balls, rather than offer say a bundle of 6 balls, 5 balls etc.

Or maybe ebay selling isn't that adaptable

It is adaptable, but not so much for casual sellers who qualify for the 30 free listings per month.

To be able to list multiple quantities of a single item in one listing, so that a buyer can select between 1 and however many you have available, buy and pay the correct amount without custom listings etc, you basically need to not be a casual seller (according to eBay's standards).

You either have to open a store, or qualify as a Power Seller (conduct 100 transactions with a total value of US$3000 in the last 12 months), or register as a business, which generally also means paying more fees (via insertion fees and/or shop fees), so it comes down to a choice between selling casually and making use of the tools at hand, or taking a more business approach to use the tools that become available as either a store owner, Power Seller or business seller. (Note - if you register as a business seller, it can not be 'undone' and I am not able to advise what registering as a business will entail).  

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply