i have a problem

i have an item ready to be picked up [by the way this is 100% true  if someone can help me download the picture here on this post i will] i have a chicken on my roof ,its been there for nearly 3 weeks ,  there is a large tree at the front of my house hanging over the front of my roof, cant catch the chicken which we have free to a good home .found a person who has a small farm with chickens  ready to take it there . but i cant get the chicken on the ground so that i can put it in a large box for transport.  any ideas.

by the way i feed it everyday with a bowl of food and water . even my cat has been on the roof and this chicken is too smart  , even pidgeons go up to his food ,and the chicken chases it.

thank you if you can help

ps  i have a good exuse if i get a defect to ebay if i cant deliver on time lol.

Message 1 of 145
Latest reply
144 REPLIES 144

i have a problem

Here's what I would do . I would make a temporary cage one that has a spring loaded door or string pull door. Let them go in and out freely to  the food you will put in there every day for a week or so. Once you see them in there set the door so when they attack the food it triggers the door and shuts them in there. You then either get rid of them, eat them or build a larger pen to keep them in. End of saga 😀

Message 121 of 145
Latest reply

i have a problem

that was my plan i have a cat carry cage ,but then the other one came ,i have people ready to take to a farm , i will just have to try harder,   the roadrunner has nothing on these chickens , 

Message 122 of 145
Latest reply

i have a problem

Hahaha Padi, nah, not quite that drastic, i was thinking on the lines of puting spices around the tree ( black pepper, cinomin ect ect) but i do like Harleys idea.

*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 123 of 145
Latest reply

i have a problem

I thought there would be a name for the other cook by now .......... LOL

Message 124 of 145
Latest reply

i have a problem

new news , the other chicken would come to my place first thing in the morning and stay with patricia  all day ,then as soon as the sun goes down they would go to there seperate houses ,  but the other chicken has not come today and patricias on her own, anyway it looks like something has happend , i was going to try and catch both of them to send to the farm ,but it looks like i will just have to catch patricia.  

Message 125 of 145
Latest reply

i have a problem

If there is a sad ending to this I don't think I want to hear it Joe.  It's Fathers Day, perhaps the dentist is having roast chook for lunch.  mmmmmmmmmmm

Message 126 of 145
Latest reply

i have a problem

I mean the other "chook" not "cook" ...... if only we could edit further down the track than a few minutes !!

Message 127 of 145
Latest reply

i have a problem

Well I guess Spring is in the air ........ Coincidently, 2 of my friends now have a random chook nesting in their backyard - one in NSW another in VIC ....... LOL

Message 128 of 145
Latest reply

i have a problem

It's fathers day, it's visiting it's daddy, it will be back tomorrow.
Message 129 of 145
Latest reply

i have a problem

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:
It's fathers day, it's visiting it's daddy, it will be back tomorrow.

If that's the case then there could be a herd of chooks soon.......................

Spoiler
Someone tried to tell me about a "herd of turtles" that he saw once, but unfortuately he mixed up the words a little 'cos he was so excited about it........
Spoiler
Don't expect me to wipe yer keyboard off.........................................I'm still having stomach cramps over that one........

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 130 of 145
Latest reply