i sold an item that was then deleted

i sold an item that after i was alerted it had been deleted as it wasnt an authentic item ..... it had already sold so can i still get my money and send it as i wasnt aware i could not sell this

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

You are aware now that it's a fake, so no, you can't take the buyer's money and send it.

Just refund the buyer and apologise for the mistake.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

can i still get my money and send it as i wasnt aware i could not sell this

Are you serious ? 

You don't see anything wrong with that ?

image host
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

But you are aware now and STILL want the money for it

And it is up to you to know what you can't sell on eBay before you list it in the first place 

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

@sandypebbles wrote:

But you are aware now and STILL want the money for it

And it is up to you to know what you can't sell on eBay before you list it in the first place 

"Look, officer, I didn't realise it was a 40 zone, plus I have to come back this way later to go home. I'll go through at 80 again, but then it's no more speeding from me, ok?"

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I had in my description that they are NOT AUTHENTIC and are a COPY so the buyer was fully aware of what they were NOT BUYING an authentic pair of sneakers hence the low price
CLEARLY I wasnโ€™t expecting payment if they were unaware
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

@kylihillar_0,

Selling counterfeit items (i.e., NOT AUTHENTIC, COPY) is illegal.

This istn't intended to be harsh... However, you as a citizen or permanent resident or otherwise person living in Australia should be fully aware that selling counterfeits is illegal.

Furthermore, as an eBay member you should be aware of eBay T&Cs, and eBay policies. eBay has a specific policy addressing this very issue. It's called the Counterfeit item policy.

Quoting from that policy:

โWe don't allow counterfeit items, replicas or unauthorised copies to be listed on eBay.

Items that bear a company's official brand name or logo can be listed, as long as the products were lawfully made by, for, or with the consent of that company.

Unauthorised copies may include items that are bootlegged, illegally duplicated or pirated. These items may infringe on someone's copyright or trademark.

What is the policy?

• Counterfeit products are illegal and not allowed on eBay. Examples include:
    • Fakes, copies or replicas of brand name items (for example, a shoe with the Nike name or logo that wasn't made by Nike)
    • Electronics or accessories that use or bear the brand name, logo or trademark of a company that didn't manufacture the item
    • Bootleg recordings from concerts or other live shows
    • Unauthorised or pirated copies of movies, videos or software.
  • Listings with photos that hide or blur trademarks are not allowed.
  • If you're not certain that your item is authentic, it may not be listed.
  • We may remove listings if we receive buyer complaints that the item is not authentic. These items may not be relisted.โž

You say (it's hard to believe) that you even stated in your listing that the item was a fake. You say that this is the justification for the relatively low price at which you listed. That is like saying to a police officer, "I murdered this person, and then I kicked the body. That's why the charge for assault should be downgraded because it was just a corpse."

DON'T LIST FAKES ON EBAY. <--- shouty recommendation so that you can't miss it.

DON'T BUY OR SELL FAKES AT ALL. IT'S ILLEGAL. <--- more shouty stuff. I truly don't want you to miss this.

If you can learn from this, I wish you all the best in future eBay transactions. Your account doesn't seem to have been suspended, which is a blessing for which you really ought to be thankful. Account suspension is a very real possibility in these cases. eBay say:

โActivity that doesn't follow eBay policy could result in a range of actions including for example: administratively ending or cancelling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, lowering seller rating, buying or selling restrictions, loss of buyer or seller protections, and account suspension. All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.โž

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

You shout in nice colours, Count Essalmirena.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

I didn't want to shout in red. I have other purposes for red.

(I'm still Countess... No sex change here!)

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Just having some funwithspaces.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply