insertion fee when under threshhold

grox6741
Community Member

Hi there

I'm new to selling sorry if this is repititious. I've had a look but can't find any specific help s othought i'd try here. I've sold one item on ebay and am trying to sell another - both shirts. The first listing went fine but in the process of uploading the second shirt it says I'll be charged $1.65 insertion fee. I thought ebay users where entitled to a certain amount of free listings per month. I was just wondering if anyone else had encountered this problem and if they'd be able to point me in the right direction. Whether or not a I need to change something in the listing itself or my account details etc.

Thanks a lot!!

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

There is a problem with ebay at the moment and this is happenning to a lot of people.

We are supposed to have 40 free listings per month but it's not working.

I have spoken to ebay and they said go ahead and list then contact them for a refund.

You just have to make sure you get your refund at the right time. eg if you are to have an invoice time from the 1st  of the month to the 31st, then you must claim your refund before the end of the month.

If your invoices run mid month to mid month, then you have to list and get the refund within that time.

As you are new to ebay you may need to contact them to find out which one you are in.

These forums have a lot of people saying they never got the refund, but maybe they ran out of time.

good luck

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Or you can download the ebay app onto your 'phone as some of us have had some success listing that way using the free listings.

It's abit of a pain to list but if it works you can always revise it on your computer eg add more photos etc...

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Been on to ebay last 4 days they say keep putting  listings  and will credit ,  when apply ,they say their  fixing relisting free problem , but their Not , and their not having trouble hitting  fees for any lising put on within minuets !! or days ago ?  Been a seller on  ebay for 10 years  never seen this garbage before ? why all of a sudden they can not control listings ? Big Money rip off . Is ebay under new management ?

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

grox6741
Community Member
Thx guys i'll get in contact with ebay
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Create your listing, but don't send it live. Hit the back button so it saves as a draft. Go into the app and send live from the draft there. I know it's a pain, but it avoids having to call eBay every time you sell something.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

After 8 unsuccessful attempts via live chat to get an estimate of how long it will take tech to fix the 40 free listings being charged $1.65 listing fees problem, and receiving only platitudinous replies ("tech is working on the problem:, "please be patient" "apologise for inconvenience"), I have finally on the 9th live chat been told that it will take SEVERAL WEEKS to fix the issue.

I, like other posters do NOT trust their assurance that I can list, be charged $1.65 per listing or relisting, and then try to ask for a refund before the monthly invoice is generated (not possible after the monthly invoice is sent, I am led to believe).

I do not use a smart phone, so the app is of no use to me, as apparently the app cannot be installed on a laptop. I will not be doing any listings nor relistings until the problem is properly fixed, evn if it takes several weeks, as I have had big problems getting fee refunds in the past, and wasted a lot of time trying.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I've had same issue of being charged for "free listings" since 24 August.  I told them I won't be placing any ads until it is fixed, and as of today it is still trying to charge me.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply