international postage fee incorrect

ebay seems to be charging customers incorrect international postage fees, my listing charged the customer $13.55 when cheapest post option is $19.55 not sure how they can get this so wrong but it is causing me issues with buyers and also leaving me out of pocket to cover the extra on multiple occasions . i have added handling costs to try and combat this issue but it is very frustrating that a company that charges so much in fees cant get their platform working correctly

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: international postage fee incorrect

You have been around long enough to know which countries to post - and - those not to.

Aust Post makes it easy with Zones.

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

I use Calculated, International Australia Post Standard - working fine for me. Could you tell me how you add a handling fee on Calculated International postage? That option disappeared for me several years ago. Unless you are using Sell Similar on a really old draft - I do have a couple of old listings that still show a handling fee.

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

@enduro-parts-aus wrote:

thanks for trying to help , yea i do and even by altering the weight and size $19.55 is the minimum fee for international with aus post

I looked at a couple of your items, to send to the USA (random choice),  and they varied between $29 and over $35ish.  

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

@siddieswans wrote:

I use Calculated, International Australia Post Standard - working fine for me. Could you tell me how you add a handling fee on Calculated International postage? That option disappeared for me several years ago. Unless you are using Sell Similar on a really old draft - I do have a couple of old listings that still show a handling fee.

I just checked and when I select calculated postage on a new postage policy,  it pops up with handling costs.  On both domestic and international.

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

Already done that. I'm not foolish enought so sell overseas.

As for the 'off-topic' suggestions, maybe take them as an added bonus to improve your bottom line.

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

Be fair Dave - your items are not for OS.

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

Thanks - I'm working on it. The problem with using the old draft is that if I change from International postage to No International postage; and then want to Sell Similar again and turn on International Postage, the Handling Cost option has disappeared. So I'll see if that is the same working initially from a New Listing. Hadn't thought of that.

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

Some of your free postage items show economy air as an option which is $8 cheaper than standard air. Maybe check your listings and delete economy as it is  no longer available through mypost and only over the counter.

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

sugar249

"I just checked and when I select calculated postage on a new postage policy, it pops up with handling costs. On both domestic and international."

OK have had time to experiment. Yes on Create a New Listing, handling cost is shown, and continues to be shown with Sell Similar. BUT once you turn International Post off, then use Sell Similar and turn International Post back on, handling cost disappears. I like to list about 25 auction items at once,  using Sell Similar. I know I could have 2 draft options - one using International Post all the time, the other none of the time, and use them as appropriate, but to an old person like me, that's getting complicated. Anyway I'll think about it. Thanks for your help.

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

@siddieswans wrote:

sugar249

"I just checked and when I select calculated postage on a new postage policy, it pops up with handling costs. On both domestic and international."

OK have had time to experiment. Yes on Create a New Listing, handling cost is shown, and continues to be shown with Sell Similar. BUT once you turn International Post off, then use Sell Similar and turn International Post back on, handling cost disappears. I like to list about 25 auction items at once,  using Sell Similar. I know I could have 2 draft options - one using International Post all the time, the other none of the time, and use them as appropriate, but to an old person like me, that's getting complicated. Anyway I'll think about it. Thanks for your help.

I used postage policies,  so once its turned on it stays on.  Setup a new policy, apply it, than copy to your hearts content.

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply