international shipping options updated????

I don't understand why nobody is talking about this.... all of my international shipping options have been changed.

for instance: "Economy shipping from China/Hong Kong/Taiwan to worldwide" was changed to "International Economy : untracked (11 to 35 business days)"

and "Express International Flat-Rate Postage" was changed to "International Express : tracked-signature (3 to 7 business days)"

I contacted ebay customer service via 'chat' and they were utterly useless as always. a) told me to contact australia post about it... lulz... b) told me they "didn't know, but hope not!" in reply to me asking if the changes were permanent or not.  Facepalm.

I have about 600 listings I need to update if these changes are permanent. However, it would be nice if they changed shipping options to ones that are actually relevant ... I have shipping options that were previously untracked, which are now listed as 'tracked' in the Postage and Payment section... so all my customers are going to be confused... and in the busiest season (pre christmas) of the year....

Frustrated!!! doesn't begin to describe how I feel.

Someone please tell me you're experiencing the same thing as me... I've checked other Aus sellers and noticed the same changes so, I'm sure i'm not alone here...

pic attached.

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: international shipping options updated????

What? It doesn't revert back automatically? Shouldn't it since they automatically converted to it originally?
Message 21 of 37
Latest reply

I havent noticed any changes... what exactly has been fixed?

Message 22 of 37
Latest reply

I agree sajapansales I see nothing different either

Message 23 of 37
Latest reply

There is a new international postage option called economy untracked (11-35 days).  It can be selected for new listings but any listings that were converted last week have not changed and need to be manually edited.

Message 24 of 37
Latest reply

you must be special jfm - I don't have that new option.. even if I did want to manually update them - eek!

Message 25 of 37
Latest reply

perhaps they have fixed it - i just listed a few things and it let me choose the international option without getting the error message

so now I can choose "International economy - untracked - 11 to 35 days"

postage options 8 nov 2017.JPG

Message 26 of 37
Latest reply

Yay, today I see the proper option is back STANDARD INTERNATIONAL FLAT RATE POSTAGE.

Message 27 of 37
Latest reply

He's a copy of ones travel Tracked to Mexico Air Mail. Expected arrival 12-15 days Fat Chance. Posted in September still to arrive.Of course the sellers fault. NOT

Item Cleared by customs

Nov-08-17, 14:32 PM

Item received into Customs for clearance

Nov-08-17, 14:27 PM

Arrived at facility in destination country

Nov-08-17, 14:26 PM

Processed through facility

Sep-29-17, 12:21 PM

Accepted by Australia Post

Sep-25-17, 10:18 AM

Customer Enquiry lodged

Oct-27-17, 17:17 PM

Accepted by Australia Post

Sep-25-17, 10:18 AM

Message 28 of 37
Latest reply

I spent some time corresponding with them yesterday and asked the same, no response. The email they sent me said it was a glitch in the system. It is now fixed and you can use Standard International again but advised me to do them all manually...hours of work!  All I seem to do is fix things on my listings that ebay have decided need to be different or because of glitches. There is no time to list new items because of this...very frustrated as everyone else is.

Message 29 of 37
Latest reply

We have two friends who are severely handicapped, but neither have given up on life. Both are fiercly indipendent, where they can be, happy with their lot in life and use eBay (with much difficulty) to supplement their disability incomes, which as you know are quite meagre, nonetheless they're both grateful.

They don't make a lot, but sell lots and lots of fiddly little things, some handmade, that they can manage with their disability, both MS by the way.

I was with one of them, Emily, last night, trying to sort out her listings. It was probably her fault, because she had made a few errors trying to rectify shipping. But, my point is, there must be many thousands of handicapped people trying to keep their heads above water with a bit of income through eBay and I wonder if the eBay techies or head honcho's ever think of them, or ever give a thought to this possibility. People like my friends will be in the minority, for sure, but just the same they're human beings just like the rest of us.

Em was really distraught, but trying not to show it. This little bit of income pays her electricity bills and things like the medical expense gap. I really felt for her and admired her lack of angst towards eBay. 'Oh Mel honey, they try their best. They wouldn't have done it deliberately.'

Just a little snippet.

I love you Em.

Love to all.

Melina.

PS....Our shipping is sorted. Working in new listings now, hopefully to generate some sales. And, I'm really happy with, 'The Other Avenue.' 

Message 30 of 37
Latest reply