international shipping options updated????

I don't understand why nobody is talking about this.... all of my international shipping options have been changed.

for instance: "Economy shipping from China/Hong Kong/Taiwan to worldwide" was changed to "International Economy : untracked (11 to 35 business days)"

and "Express International Flat-Rate Postage" was changed to "International Express : tracked-signature (3 to 7 business days)"

I contacted ebay customer service via 'chat' and they were utterly useless as always. a) told me to contact australia post about it... lulz... b) told me they "didn't know, but hope not!" in reply to me asking if the changes were permanent or not.  Facepalm.

I have about 600 listings I need to update if these changes are permanent. However, it would be nice if they changed shipping options to ones that are actually relevant ... I have shipping options that were previously untracked, which are now listed as 'tracked' in the Postage and Payment section... so all my customers are going to be confused... and in the busiest season (pre christmas) of the year....

Frustrated!!! doesn't begin to describe how I feel.

Someone please tell me you're experiencing the same thing as me... I've checked other Aus sellers and noticed the same changes so, I'm sure i'm not alone here...

pic attached.

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

thanks for that.

the one you posted twice (?), I've no idea what theyr on about... friday gremlins?? manual relist is the solution? doesnt make sense to me.

Other one - sooooo, these changes are permanent then? Hopefully they're going to continue adding more options and the current ones are just placeholders or smthn... either way, updating this stuff in november is just soooooooooooooooo dumb.

Message 3 of 37
Latest reply

On ebay Australia, they 'update' things every Friday (or, fiddle with things, change things)

Fridays are BIG days for errors and glitches 

Message 4 of 37
Latest reply

I am tired of international postage bugs, for over a year and a half the express option has been about $15 undercut, while reg post has shown $10 over (calculated). I have just setup an ebay business policy for postage and removed all int express options and removed handling too so reg post now is only $5 over with 0 handling, balances out.

Rediculous that I had to do this though.

Message 5 of 37
Latest reply

The folk implementing this total stuff are incompetant at best and with servere commonsense deficiencies
Message 6 of 37
Latest reply

They updated this about 3 days ago........... and there are stuff all options for Australia Post re International. No untracked option just untracked with signature. This will put off a lot of Innternational buyers - they just want the item in their letter box when they get home. Plus of course signature costs an extra $5.49! I'm sure they will be happy to pay that.

Message 7 of 37
Latest reply

If you try to use' International - untracked' you get an error message at the top of the page accusing you of posting from a different location and won't let you finish the listing

Message 8 of 37
Latest reply

Hi

I have the same thing. I checked other Aussie ebay sellers, some have this and others have not changed ( still have Standard International Flat Rate Postage) I spoke to ebay on Sat and the lady told me they have a system error that has caused this and unfortunately we were one of the sellers that were affected. They are working on fixing it and we have to be patient. If you look at the estimated delivery date it is contradicting the 3-10 days delivery. If you try to list anything it also comes up with the tracked, untracked postage options. The Standard International flat rate postage is not showing up for international anymore (at least on our listings)

I am waiting for complaints from international customers when their items don't arrive in 3-10 days. I sincerely hope this is not another "new" ebay listing change as it will cause problems.

Message 9 of 37
Latest reply

Pretty strange isn't it... Yeh, i'm waiting for complaints too. But before that happens, I'll contact every international customer that selects an erroneous/incorrect shipping method and confirm the shipping time for them. Actually, I do this with every single order already.. (manually send them a message confirming everything), but I'll send the international guys a special one to be clearer.

I actually quite like the changes. The new shipping titles make more sense than some of the old ones... for instance the old 11-35 day shipping method (which nicely fits Japan Post's SAL shipping method in terms of shipping time) was called "Economy shipping from China/Hong Kong/Taiwan to worldwide" which is a horrible name.. misleads my customers into thinking that the item is coming from China (ie. has connotations of 'low quality')..... something that really kills one of my strongest selling points, which is that all items come from JAPAN! (ie. has connotations of 'high quality'). But I had to use that instead of the 'Standard International Flat Rate Postage', because the shipping time for that was causing so many complaints about late arriving packages (it was a gross-underestimation of the actual time it took for delivery).

The new name is 'International Economy : untracked (11-35 business days)', which, to be honest, is pretty much perfect for me. Not sure why they didn't use this previously... the more generic the name, the better, one would think...  Since any details can be clarified in the item description. imo...

Really wish ebay would understand that people from all over the world use this site to ship items from somewhere other than Australia... we don't all use Aus post.... let us customise the names of the shipping methods so our customers get accurate information from the 'postage and payments' page (since many dont read the item description beyond the first few lines, presumably)... very frustrating having to find the 'best fit' instead of EXACT FIT! grrr...

Anyway, for now I'm keeping track of any new/updated items, as these will all need to be checked once ebay either reverts back to the old shipping methods or confirms these new ones. Recommend anyone else affected does the same.

Message 10 of 37
Latest reply