is it now ok to abuse buyers/non payers in your listings?

came across this- reported it but nothing seems to have been done-didn't realise it's ok to call non payers a DH and c...k in listings-may have to change my tactics for my own listings see item number 132931689361

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

lol the seller hasn't named the non payer so his minor rant is meaningless really and only good for a quick chuckle. 

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Bit off topic but there was a seller back in 2009 who had listed his beloved Hino for sale BUT he didn't realllllly want to sell it. A thread was started by a frustrated buyer, and that went on for months. Some very clever boardie's made Youtube clips- my name ie Foxy is mentioned twice in the only one I can find right now. Anyway, enjoy ๐Ÿ™‚

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nGA-XRdaxA

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks for bringing the vectrex to my attention as the price has gone up a bit lately and may be time to part with mine. Before these came along you had to share the main tv as most house holds only had one.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Found the other youtube clip-one man, one Hino, one thousand listings lol To get back on topic again, if a genuine buyer really wants the item being sold, doubt the sellers minor rant will deter them. JMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA47T96kRh8

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

I think it shows poor taste to be calling anyone names in feedback for whatever reason. eBay discourage it, and say to stick to the facts. You seem to like to call people names in feedback also,  so I don't understand your gripe.  Name calling is name calling, foul language or otherwise.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

While the language is not acceptable the seller has not committed any great crime.....I would say it is no worse than your crime of naming and shaming the seller.   We can at least see who you are talking about but no-ne knows who the recalcitrant buyer is.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

@shoppingbag* wrote:

I think it shows poor taste to be calling anyone names in feedback for whatever reason. eBay discourage it, and say to stick to the facts. You seem to like to call people names in feedback also,  so I don't understand your gripe.  Name calling is name calling, foul language or otherwise.

The name calling is in the listing, not the feedback. I also can't see any name calling by OP in any feedback left for others unless you really want to classify the word shonky as name calling ?? What I can see is another seller calling the OP an idiot in capital letters.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Shonky, Dodgy, Scammed (indicates a Scammer) How are these tags anything other than "name calling" ? maybe you do not understand the concept.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

@shoppingbag* wrote:

Shonky, Dodgy, Scammed (indicates a Scammer) How are these tags anything other than "name calling" ? maybe you do not understand the concept.

Some people are snowflakes and some aren't  ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply