landscape postage label printing

I would like to print postage labels landscape so that I can fit  two on an A4 sheet. I used to be able to do this and the label stayed the same size as if it was printed in portrait orientation. I have tried everything I can think of. If I choose Landscape at print time the label moves to the centre of a page and shrinks in size.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks davewil1964 you were partly right. Windows PDF default 'opener' was set to Microsoft Edge instead of Adobe. I corrected that but if I chose print label from ebay, it still didn't work. However if i choose download label instead, it does work.

Thanks to everyone else who responded.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@caj1704 wrote:

I would like to print postage labels landscape so that I can fit  two on an A4 sheet. I used to be able to do this and the label stayed the same size as if it was printed in portrait orientation. I have tried everything I can think of. If I choose Landscape at print time the label moves to the centre of a page and shrinks in size.

If it's just text you want to work with pretty much any word processor should be fine.

Just copy and paste to an A4 document set up to 2 column landscape then resize your fonts.

If you want to work with PDF's it's a bit more difficult but there is a solution.

You will likely find Inkscape suitable for this as it can handle pdf format.

It's an open source (free) drawing program with a massive feature set so pretty complex.

You should be able to get it to work for combining and editing a couple of PDF's by copy and paste to a blank document.

Inkscape

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Sounds like a printer/Abobe issue. It still works for me.

It cannot be anything to with eBay, but almost has to be with your settings. If it is centring check your printer settings. It is probably somewhere in there. 'Fit to page' comes to mind. Possibly something else.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

If it's eBay labels you're referring to, I can't rotate them either, even with the printer set to print in landscape. Only way I have found to do it was take a screenshot, crop, rotate, save, then copy the picture into a document, then do the same with a second label.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks davewil1964 you were partly right. Windows PDF default 'opener' was set to Microsoft Edge instead of Adobe. I corrected that but if I chose print label from ebay, it still didn't work. However if i choose download label instead, it does work.

Thanks to everyone else who responded.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply