listing glitch? non store listings for free!?

utebns
Community Member
Hi,
Ive just listed 62 items in my account.
I do not have an ebay store.
I am aware of the 40 free listings, i had some drafts and some old stock that i wanted to relist.
While watching tv, not paying attention, i went through my drafts and unsold items and programed them all to begin at auction tomorrow night.
I did wonder when my 40 free listings would stop as it usually shows the $1.50 incertion fee, but it kept saying the listings were free, so i kept going.
I just went back through double checking everything and it states that i have 63 listings preset for tomorrow night.
All of these came up free!
I even went back through and listed another unsold item i had and took screen shots to show the time stamps, and proof it said the listing is free.
Is there some kind of a glitch? Or a promotion at the moment i have no idea about?!?!?
I went back into my account and checked the listing promotions and i havn't accepted any (although ive been stalking for the bonus 100) and it says i have only used 1 out of my 40 freebies, and am still yet to use 39 listings.

Confusion!!
Im stoaked that the items listed all said they were free, but im hoping like hell i dont end up getting charged the insertion fee come time the auctions end!
If so, ebay will be getting a call!
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: listing glitch? non store listings for free!?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Did you accept the 3 free relists at any stage?   That would explain why your relists have not attracted any fees.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

It is not until listings are live are they taken off your free listings quota.

You will get your 40 free and be charged for the rest.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

The 3 free relists are an automatic process so if OP had this in place then her listings would automatically relist themselves 3 times if not sold.

OP will be chatged an insertion fee for every listing after the 40th.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Jens is right, scheduled listings show as zero fees until they go live. If you don't want to pay the listing fees you need to cancel all but 40 of them before that happens.

If you are wanting to list a lot more why not start another id and have 40 free on there as well.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

There may be some sort of glitch happening.  I have a store, and on 31st December was using the last Free listings of my 200 for the month, I used about 10 - no problems & then every time I tried to list the last couple, the system wanted to charge me the $1.50 listing fee.  I wasn't doing anything unusual - so in the end I gave up, let's face it, it was New Year's eve & I didn't have time to muck around.

But since you have screen shots, I would ring eBay immediately and explain what's happened and I wouldn't mind betting they will honour the Freebies.  I've only had cause to question eBay a few times over similar situations & have always found them to be very obliging in this regard. 

(Once was offers for Free Sub-Titles on another ID and they then charged me when the listings automatically relisted, which perhaps ? I should have realised would happen, but they agreed it was a technical fault & there was no mention you would be charged when the listing relisted automatically)

Good luck & let us know how you go Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

utebns
Community Member
No has nothing to do with the 3 auto telists. Itnwas for the initial listings.

Andninhavr another account already but have so much to sell i holdnoffnuntill freenlistingsnonly. Just that i was making use of my 40 free early in the month.

I changed the rest of my listings i had preloaded andntime set to start laternin the month and kept just 40 pre programed and they started sunday night.
Hopefully ill be ablento change the dates on them again if i get more free listings.
I couldnt cancell them otherwise i would be charges.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

There is n0 charge for cancelling scheduled listings as long as you do it before they go live. If you have scheduled them to start later in the month you will still be charged if you have already used up your 40 free.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@utebns wrote:
No has nothing to do with the 3 auto telists. Itnwas for the initial listings.

Andninhavr another account already but have so much to sell i holdnoffnuntill freenlistingsnonly. Just that i was making use of my 40 free early in the month.

I changed the rest of my listings i had preloaded andntime set to start laternin the month and kept just 40 pre programed and they started sunday night.
Hopefully ill be ablento change the dates on them again if i get more free listings.
I couldnt cancell them otherwise i would be charges.

Yes, sorry if my example was confusing, I realise it was for initial listings.  My point was, because it was a glitch in the system & CS could see the Sub-Titles were offered to me for FREE, they credited the charges.  So my point was, if you had screen shots stating the listings were FREE, if you approach them nicely (in other words suck up a bit) they would possibly Credit you if you were charged.

Edit  :  I have never used Scheduled Listings, so can't talk for how they work.  Just speaking generally about CS being fairly understanding and approachable if you feel the details of any charges were misleading

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply