managed payments any positive experiences

Been selling an ebay for 20 years and never posted here, but it's time to get some community feedback.  Is any seller on here on managed payments able to tell me they are better off, the fees are lower, etc.   I hesitate to post this, as I don't need to be bombarded with all the negative opions.  Just hoping there is at least 1 seller saying managed payments is good.

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

@mobius2011 wrote:

But clicking print postage label only brings up the screen that allows me to enter weight and dimensions. After I've done that, it says purchase label, at which I stop. How can they charge me, when I haven't selected yes, purchase a label?

So to find out what Sendle costs are, I'd need to go to their website and plug in the details? 

Maybe it's something to do with how you exit the screen? I've done the same as you a few times in the past, though not for a while, and AFAIK have never been charged the label fee as I've never confirmed the purchase.

I'm a little scared to trouble shoot it though, in case I get a bunch of label fees added (I wouldn't put it past ebay, lol). 

Message 31 of 41
Latest reply

After hesitantly  switching over to managed payments as i have used paypal for 20+ years and used it to buy stock from some of my suppliers as  some salon suppliers only take paypal online  now. as long as you can handle a few days lag in payments I think system works well but i have only been on it less then a week and was a bit Cautious when my daily payment took a few days and disappeared but it showed up yesterday so all good on this end.

Message 32 of 41
Latest reply

Been selling (and buying) on ebay for ages and I can't think of one positive for managed payments - they are "managed" not for sellers benefits that's for sure.

Ater waiting 2+ weeks I finally got a payment and now they take ages. I used to use PayPal for buying things - not a chance now!

Really cheesed off (to putt politely) with ebay's lack of clarity, poor communication etc.

Why should we have to wait days - longer if there is a weekend!! to get money we have learnt???

Message 33 of 41
Latest reply

Hi Sue, is your payments set to daily?

Why did it take 2 weeks for you to receive payment?

It’s now been 4 business days since my last payment even though I usually receive it daily.

How did you sort it out with eBay?

Its stressing me as I got bills to pay!

Message 34 of 41
Latest reply

Hi, queenslander.

How many threads are you planning on spamming? How does an issue 4 months ago apply?

How many threads are you going to spam?

My weekly payments arrive weekly, every Tuesday. Including yesterday. Maybe I provided the correct information to eBay/Adyen.

Message 35 of 41
Latest reply

I have had sooo many positive experiences with managed payments..........

Just yesterday, my entire eBay platorm (oh wait)

I'm not a seller............my bad

Spoiler
Just a reminder of the title from this thread in December
Message 36 of 41
Latest reply

She posted her reply this month.

She experienced what I’m going through now with funds not showing up into her bank account.

I’m just looking for help, you would too if you weren’t receiving payments.

Message 37 of 41
Latest reply

Then you need to contact eBay Live Chat, because we can't help you with this.

Go to help at the top of the page and scroll down to Live Chat, request to speak (type) with a supervisor.

Message 38 of 41
Latest reply

tasmania-rocks
Community Member

Dear Ebay. Holding my money as crippled my cashflow and put my little online business backwards. And ive only been on your managed payments for a week. Opportunities to acquire new stock have been missed. Repayments for silly things like my house are in peril because im still waiting for last weeks sales to arrive in my bank account. Afterpay for stock i  ironically sold last week i cant pay. My first missed payment. EVER. Im not sure who this new managed payments system is supposed to help? But i know for a fact its not me. I dont need ebay to manage my money. eBay have shown to me that they are worse at managing my money than i ever could be.  I think its time the ACCC where made aware of exactly how i have been assisted with my money. And if there is any recourse.  Im sure you remember then you demanded paypal only and the outcome of that little ebay online payments rort. 

Message 39 of 41
Latest reply

eBay do not read here

Let us fellow members know what the ACCC tell you

Message 40 of 41
Latest reply