managed payments rip off

Wow ebays new system of managed payments is a massive rip off .

Prior if I sold something, the maximum sellers fees I would pay was $200. Now they are charging me 11.9% plus what I'm gathering are paypal fee's .

I made a sale the other day which was $4500 and they took around $550 . They now take 11.9% up to $4000!!!!!! This was something that wasn't factored in to my sale so it now becomes a loss to me.

What a joke , I will now be selling my more expensive item's elswhere. 

Very disappointed in Ebay as all they will do is loose sellers.

It's a massive kick in the guts to small business which are stuggling at the moment.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

managed payments rip off

@fashionistafiesta wrote:

Wow ebays new system of managed payments is a massive rip off .

Prior if I sold something, the maximum sellers fees I would pay was $200. Now they are charging me 11.9% plus what I'm gathering are paypal fee's .

The FVF cap on items is $400 when not on managed payments, I know there was a time it was $250, but I can't recall it ever being $200, but they have indeed removed caps for those on managed payments. For high value sales, you get charged the new FVF on the first $4000, and then a 2.5% fee on any remaining amount (eg if you sell a $10,000 item, it would be 11.9% of $4k, and 2.5% of $6k). 

You don't pay any PayPal fees - the new higher eBay FVF combines all fees into one percentage as ebay are facilitating all payment processing, no matter how the buer pays.  

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply