not happy

Im so sick of EBAY buyer protection. What about seller protection. I have held two private auctions this month and both winning bidders have reneged on paying due to excuses. "not really sure why I bid I dont have the money, OR my wife bid thinking I WOULD LIKE IT. What is the point  of ebay AUCTION if Ebay dont uphold. Pay Pal protect the buyer but not the private seller. All I got offered was my fees back. No longer using EBAY to sell things. They are just money grabbing A-HOLES

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

not happy

If the buyers haven't paid open a "non-paying buyer dispute" .

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items-buyers?id=4137

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

not happy

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

How is ebay grabbing money.....you said you got your fees back.

What more do you expect to get?

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

not happy

If you're no longer using ebay, why haven't you cancelled your listings and why have you posted 2

new listings ?

As Lyndal has said, you got your fees back so what else did you want ?

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

not happy

Getting fees back isnt the point. Wha I expect is to be paid for what I sold. Whats the use of an auction if the winning bidder can just walk away.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

not happy

@baratta9201 wrote:

Getting fees back isnt the point. Wha I expect is to be paid for what I sold. Whats the use of an auction if the winning bidder can just walk away.

You can't force a "buyer" to pay BUT if you go through the NPB process and they still don't pay the buyer gets a strike on their account. 

One strike in 12 months won't affect them, but if they are a serial non-payer then sellers that have their buyer blocks in place won't ever be troubled by that "buyer" with 2 or more than strikes in 12 months.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

not happy

I did that and they said there was nothing they could do. So instead of chasing my $12400 they refunded my listings fees.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

not happy

I expect them to chase my 12 grand is what

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

not happy

thanks for the advise.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

not happy

@baratta9201 wrote:

I expect them to chase my 12 grand is what

How are they going to chase your 12 grand ? Send the debt collectors ? Hire a hit man ?

There are a gazillion non payers every day, always have been and probably always will be. Look at

them as tyre kickers/time wasters/window shoppers/serial pests.

If ebay was so money hungry, you wouldn't have gotten your fees back.

I get that you want to vent, non payers are frustrating but if you do as advised re opening cases

against them, blocking bidders with 2 or more unpaid item strikes etc and either relist the items or

move on, you'll save yourself a whole heap of stress.

Chucking in your selling because of 2 dockheads isn't worth it IMO.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply