Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

organising a return

i have asked for a photo of the damage

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

organising a return

I would start with a photo and a message that a claim with Aust Post is needed for the damage to claim insurance. 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

organising a return

this has all the signs of a fake claim

person created their account the same day they purchased my item

have placed a claim with no evidence of the claimed damage

its a $30 item + postage so i'm thinking they thought making the claim id just refund without questioning it

but why choose 'reason - doesnt fit' its an ooshie box, if your buying it you know what it for.

then claim its damaged?

his words "Had a lot of damage may be in postage or not because it didn’t have bubble wrap or etc"

it was very well packed, cardboard top n bottom then brown paper cover (plus marked fragile handle with care) even though its wasnt fragile at all

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

organising a return

If they've chosen "doesn't fit" as the reason for the return, then it should be classified as a change of mind return. If it was not automatically accepted by eBay, I'm assuming you don't have returns accepted on your items. If that is the case, you should have an option to decline the request for a return.

I would personally consider doing that in the face of no evidence of damage - the alternative is to accept the return, in which case as a COM request, the buyer will be repsonsible for return post and only eligible for a refund of item price. 

(If it's an actual INAD claim, then disregard the above, of course). 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

organising a return

my buyer has not replied to my request for a photo of the damaged item

i contacted ebay customer service and was advised not to refund

so i have cancelled the request

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply