packaging items that weigh up to 500 grams for $6.95 postage

Could you give me an idea on packaging items that weigh up to 500 grams that can be put

through the post-office counter for $6.95 please?

Cheers,

Deb

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: packaging items that weigh up to 500 grams for $6.95 postage

If they fit in the 500gm ebay satchel it is $6.95

http://auspost.com.au/business-solutions/click-and-send.html

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Other than the 500g eBay satchel it has to be your own packaging. We often recycle boxes from our suppliers if they are small enough.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

5kazam
Community Member

Apart from using a lightweight but strong cardboard, if the item (2xbubble wrapped) is fragile, I use partial egg cartons or trays as cushioning as they weigh so little.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Click & send with the ebay branded satchels cost $6.95 plus a few cents for the satchel.

Regular small paecel under 500g costs $6.95 however if you want Paypal seller protection yu have to add either SOD or extra cover.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Can someone explain to me how why it would cost $6.95 to send a package to the next state...

But I get a bigger package (sill under 500g) all the way from the U.S.A. for...$7.46.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Because Australia Post operates at a profit and USPS is going bankrupt. Apart from the fact that they are different countries and you are trying to compare apples with oranges. The US has 20 times our population within roughly the same area - maybe economies of scale come into it?

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Economies of scale. Well ok...I'll just buy from <one of ebays biggest compeditors> from now on - impossible to compete with..so why try?

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Do that. But that won't reduce the cost of postage within Australia. Unless you think that has something to do with eBay?

And don't forget when you lose your job or your taxes go up that people who won't support Australia's economy are a big cause.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply