payment not received

dalanner28
Community Member

I have sold an item  and payment was made by the buyer to ebay - then I got notice that on 24. 01. payment was sent to me but today it is the 31. 01.  and payment is still not in my account , what can I do

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

payment not received

You read up on the rules /policies for selling that you agreed to when you listed the item and ticked you had read them

Being the 30 day hold on funds for new sellers

IF you have completed sign up for and been verified for Managed Payments

If you failed to do that, you won't be getting the funds at all since they have nowhere to go

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

payment not received

As per sandy said, new seller in the eyes of Ebay,  wait as per the terms you agreed to.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

payment not received

Is there any way to contact a representative of ebay to explain my case - email/phone/ postal address , very frustrating , thanks for your help

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

payment not received

@dalanner28 wrote:

Is there any way to contact a representative of ebay to explain my case - email/phone/ postal address , very frustrating , thanks for your help

What are you going to explain, that you didnt read the Terms and Conditions.

But yes there is online chat at the top of the page,  but only during office hours.   Wait the 30 days and it will be forthcoming, well only if you have signed up for managed payments of course.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

payment not received

As the others have said, there is a 30 day hold on funds being paid to the seller if the seller is new or has not sold on a regular basis recently.

You have to be properly signed up to managed payments too so that ebay can pay you at the end of that 30 day period.

Importantly though, you cannot just hold onto your item till you get the payment into your bank account. As soon as the buyer has paid ebay, you are expected to post off the item asap.

Your item needs to reach the buyer by the estimated dates that were in the ad.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

payment not received

the item has been sent and received  and I got notification that I am apid into the my bank account stating the correct 4 last digits - I cannot check any where if my whole bankaccount details are correct - I have signed up on ebay 10 or more years ago and have used it very little , I cannot say annymore which of all the boxes I ve ticked therefore I need to talk to someone , verify my identity and solve the issue

thanks for your help

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

payment not received

If you have signed up to Managed Payments, as is likely even if you don't remember, the 30 day hold on funds for new/intermittent sellers still applies.

Wait. Or contact eBay to ascertain your current status.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

payment not received

If ebay have advised  you that you will be paid into your bank account that appears to show that you have gone through the managed payments process with them.  Ebay only quote the last 4 digits of your bank account for your security. If you go to your account settings you will still only see those same 4 digits. When you supplied your account details to ebay they would have verified the account at the time.

It can take up to 30 days for payments to appear in an account when a seller hasn't sold for a while. I suggest you check your bank account balance. Don't know if your bank offers the option to send an email advising of any deposits, but if they do, it is a good idea to authorise this feature to save having to keep logging into your bank to check the balance. When my bank advises me of a deposit their email tells me the amount deposited into my account ending in the last 4 digits of my account number.  Employing the same precaution as ebay did in their email to you.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

payment not received

As you were already advised

How long you have been signed up to ebay is not relevant 

You needed to be signed up for and verified for Managed Payments

And as you say yourself, you have used it very little

You are a 'new seller' in the eyes of eBay and the hold on funds you agreed to when listing do apply to you

There is no point contacting eBay CS who do not have the power/authority/ability to release your funds early

And there is no reason why they would/should be even if they did have that power

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply