paypal reversed payments

I sold a hornby train set and the buyer paid straight away with paypal, he then decided he wanted to come and pick it up and pay cash so i reversed the paypal payment, he has just emailed me and said that its still showing as not paid and could I please mark it as paid but it has that little reversed payment arrow on it and I cant change it

any ideas how I can keep my buyer happy and do what he wants???

Dont push.... Im typing as fast as I can.......
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: paypal reversed payments

sparkes9669
Community Member

Let him know that he has advised that he will be picking it up and that he stated that he will be paying cash.  Explian to him that you have reversed the paypal payment.

He may not realise that a pickup item isnt covered by paypal buyers protection.

On the negative side the buyer may print of the paypal reciept and claim that he has already paid.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

He has already picked it up and paid an hour or so after i reversed the paypal for him, this was last sunday.

my payment details are shoing as reversed paypal payment and he wants it changed to paid(which is fair enough)

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

That info is just for yours and the buyer's benefit, it has nothing to do with anything.  If it worries him that it shows as unpaid, he can just archive the item so it is out of sight.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

oh ok thanks supernova, yes I think it is worrying him, his email was quite sharp and straight to the point, he left me positive feedback of picked up 😐 nothing more nothing less but he was a quiet man so i think hes just like that

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Tell the buyer to mark as paid or you just mark as paid.

No biggy as it means nothing when you both know it has baan paid for..

Tell him to delete from  his won list and it will be gone and no need to look at.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks Sparklz shall do 🙂

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I recall vaguely that sometimes ago I was in similar situation and could not mark it as paid; if he is worried tell him to come here 🙂  Some people think that unless it is marked as paid eBay will give him strike .

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I have told him I was going to ask ebay and get back to him

and I did I asked here :^O and got the replys I need

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply