positive and 5 stars

I just wanted to say something about this.On a thread recently a seller said they could not understand why a buyer would leave a positive without 5 stars in every line.At the time I had to go to work and now I cannot find thread to reply but thought it was interesting.

I have only ever left one Neg in all my transactions but have marked down stars due to one thing being wrong like post;

For example, I brought some plant bulbs off a seller and on asking for post was told they would need a 5kg express post bag at $25 ..OK I agreed I assumed they must be big

When they arrived They were actually 1.3 kg ,she had used a 5kg express post bag  stuffed with newspaper so I got what I paid for but To this day it is a mystery to me why she needed a 5kg express post bag for 1.3kg of bulbs that last fine in post.The bulbs were great big healthy ones and she had given me 20 extra so I would not consider a neg but gave pos and 5 stars for description,communication and post time but 2 stars for post cost .as everything else was great

I think that this was fair as it would not be in anyway fair to neg her over it when that was all that was wrong and the stars are a way to reflect where there is only a small problem in one area .

Message 1 of 94
Latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

positive and 5 stars

Thank you i love my sheep..report is "in progress".  I'm sure it will confirm what we already know. I copied your thread to a new folder for future use. Should be another good learning tool. A great day to all and to all a great daySmiley Happy

Message 51 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

@thecatspjs wrote:

The buyer thought it over the top for the bulbs that weighed just 1.2kg, I understand the buyers perspective.

So do I, but it basically amounts to "I could have paid less if the seller did it my way".

Seller's can't do everything the buyer's way, sometimes they have to do things their way. Like the ones who only choose to use couriers, or post everything by express, or use parcel rates for DVDs when others use letters. 

It's not like the seller was deceptive about anything. They quoted for and used the 5kg satchel, and there could be any number of legitimate reasons for them to do so - we'll never know because the buyer didn't communicate their dissatisfaction to the seller, so the seller never got the chance to either explain those reasons or to understand the buyer's perspective and consider making some changes.

Message 52 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

@redneck2013au wrote:

Thank you i love my sheep..report is "in progress".  I'm sure it will confirm what we already know. I copied your thread to a new folder for future use. Should be another good learning tool. A great day to all and to all a great daySmiley Happy

If you keep refreshing the page after you run the report, it should only take a few minutes to come through. Use the actual refresh/reload button on your browser window as using F5 doesn't always refresh that page properly and it can still say in progress when it's actually completed.

Message 53 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

No it is nothing like that IMO.

It is about the seller sending goods using a post product that is appropriate and reasonable for the type, weight and volume of goods being sent.

This is my perspective, I understand others do not agree with it, however please do not attach meaning to my posts that does not exist.

Message 54 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

On reading this thread again, I think the OP was cruel to ding that sellers stars for postage cost. Especially as she asked for a quote and got it. She agreed to that quote because she bought the bulbs. it was a low act, especially when she just went ahead and did it, knowing full well she had already agreed to the postage cost.

If the seller had charged for a 5kg satchel and then put them in a 500g satchel, then absolutely, the OP would have something to complain about. She paid for a 5kg satchel and not only got that, she got 20 extra bulbs that she didn't pay for!

I wonder what the reaction would have been if the seller stuffed them into a 3kg bag with no protection and they got squashed?

The OP sounds hard to please to me and I don't think I'd want her buying from me. I'd get my stars dinged purely for having a handling cost of 80c on my parcel items.

I have bought plenty of items where the postage cost is more than I would expect it to be. The reason being, they send in a satchel as opposed to a parcel. One seller I used to buy a lot from shipped everything in a 3kg satchel, regardless of whether it was only 150g. It was up to me whether I wanted to pay it. If I CHOSE to pay it, I'd never think about dinging anyone's stars because of MY choice.

Message 55 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

@thecatspjs wrote:

please do not attach meaning to my posts that does not exist.

I didn't - I attached meaning to amalan's. But you're still making assumptions on behalf of the seller, we do not have any idea why the seller chose to use the service they did, so you can't say it was inappropriate.

We're talking about a transaction that was a couple of years ago, possibly before there were normal 5kg satchels (AP introduced express 5kg before they introduced normal 5kg, though I think they had jumbo satchels available at business centres). 

Maybe the seller's customers always purchased enough to warrant a 5kg bag so that's all they bought, maybe they couldn't afford to buy a whole range of different pre-paid satchels, maybe for the small difference in cost (as CQ pointed out, it's $3.00), they though upgrading to express at a flat rate would be appreciated by their customers. Maybe the seller felt a little bit bad that the buyer only purchased a small amount of items and still had to pay for the large size satchel, and that's why they included the 20 freebies.

We do not know, and neither did the buyer when they marked the seller with a low DSR.

Message 56 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

I am not sure where CQs $3 comes from.  - There is not quite $10 difference between a 3kg and 5kg express post satchel and has been for many years.

My point is that it is reasonable for buyers to assess the post method and cost used on receipt of the goods and if they feel that the post method and/or price was not appropriate to the goods being sent rate the transaction accordingly.

Message 57 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

I charge exactly what the postage costs me to send, sometimes I charge even less and I always seem to get lower scores for postage.The buyer can see with their own eyes what the postage and packaging costs are as it shows on the parcels.I know what the reason is for low scores and that is because I only send items in quality envelopes and I think that the buyers might say to themselves that the item could have been sent in a cheaper package,but that's not how I run my business,I will make sure that the buyer receives their item safely and intact and I now just have a laugh when I see a low score for postage as I know that I only charged what it costs.

Message 58 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

Was there room in the 3 kg satchel for the items and packaging?

Either way, if you agree you pay, end of story, don't come to a public forum and carry on about it.

and i'll say it again  '20 freebies'

Message 59 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

@thecatspjs wrote:

I am not sure where CQs $3 comes from.  - There is not quite $10 difference between a 3kg and 5kg express post satchel and has been for many years.

I was talking about the difference between 3kg & 5kg satchels using normal parcel post, not express, which is in fact $8.80.

Message 60 of 94
Latest reply