problem hi a buyer is asking for 2 dollars postage

this is what  i  sold 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/321742440958?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

it  costs   7  dollars to send  blu rays out of tassie and here are the messages from the buyer  i dont know how to change the postage and  if i should??  here  are the messages

message   1

hi coulp you please post in a padded envolope for $2 please? 🙂

message   2

you just need a larger envelope enough to fit it (...

message  3

hi could you please adjust post so i can pay for it...

what should i do??  i have  been having so much problems with buyers and postage  .......  and i never used  too

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Well, if you put the Blu-ray inside a lightweight padded bag without any other packaging, it should only cost either $1.40 or $2.10 to send it, depending on weight, since it would be thin enough to go through as a letter... so I can see where the buyer is coming from.

However, (s)he actually agreed to pay $7.00 postage when bidding on the item, so it really isn't up to you to cave into his/her request.

My suggestion: Explain that you are not happy to post is as a letter because you have sent blu-rays like that before and they have arrived broken. Tell him/her that you'll be sending it as a $7.45 parcel with plenty of wrapping and protection, and make sure you do.

They can't really complain if you are laying out the full $7.45 to post it as an under-500g parcel. Maybe emphasise that you're actually going to lose 45c to send it as a parcel.

Just my thoughts...

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

Just tell them that if you are going to use letter post then the cost of registration would be added to the basic postage cost plus a small handling fee as you would have to buy the envelope and take longer to process t as everything is set up to use parcel post as that has tracking included.

If they do not pay, in full, by day 4 just open an upaid item dispute as you would with any buyer who doesn't pay.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

@carly_and_judy wrote:

what should i do??  i have  been having so much problems with buyers and postage  .......  and i never used  too

I would send the buyer a firm, and polite message - something like:

Dear [Buyer],

Thank you very much for your purchase. The postage costs stated on my listing are fixed and not negotiable. I post them as parcels so that they are well protected during transit, thus ensuring as much as possible that it arrives safely, so it won't be possible for me to change the postage amount.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Kind regards 

[Seller]

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

I sometimes get dvds for $6 inc post so it must be allowed but always  in hard cardboard,these are mass dvd sellers so id say a padded envelope may not protect it.

Buyer should have asked before buying though ...what a pain

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

I agree with PJ. If they want it sent letter rate. Then they also need to pay for Registered Post as well, otherwise you leave yourself open to INR disputes. At least with Reg, you have a signature on delivery and cover up to $100 for loss or damage.
Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

You could also tell them you are happy to send it for $2.00 if they pay by bank deposit. They can't use eBay's MBG OR Paypal's INR dispute,
Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

@carly_and_judy wrote:

I would send the buyer a firm, and polite message - something like:

Dear [Buyer],

Thank you very much for your purchase. The postage costs stated on my listing are fixed and not negotiable. I post them as parcels so that they are well protected during transit, thus ensuring as much as possible that it arrives safely, so it won't be possible for me to change the postage amount.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Kind regards 

[Seller]

I would also add, that parcel post includes tracking which letter rate does not.

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

I sold quite a few DVD's recenlty. Sent in their casesin a padded bag as letter rate. None damaged, none lost in post. They were low value ones, if selling for higher $$, I would want them sent with tracking/registered post on them.

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

arghhh sill getting messages from them   saying can i reduce it to 2  dollars i think im going to do a unpaid dispute when i can this isnt worth it  for the 7  dollars she  wants it  for

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply