"Sponsored" listings

just recently noticed 2 items that are appearing on every page in my search results with "Sponsored" at the top of them.

how do they get such great exposure?

its allways the same 2 items

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

"Sponsored" listings

Perhaps its to do with this push on Promoted Listings they are doing this month.

We just received the offer on one of our stores so decided to give it a try at a 10% rate.

The store has been dead for the past week or so.

So figured it can't hurt anything.

The offer says they will refund the extra 10% FVF later.

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

"Sponsored" listings

now i'm seeing 4 'sponsered' listings on every search result page.

i can go with the idea but what erks me is its the same 4 listings everytime.

you see them the first couple of times and thing yep, fine. but after you see them everypage off your search which is around 20 pages of 'new listings' its very annoying.

like the guy on tv selling his carp knives ect. i just dont need to see his 'and the secret is' ads ever 5 minutes during a program, aaagggrrrr!

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

"Sponsored" listings

Been wondering the same thing.    Sponsored?

I've noticed that they're GTC listings and get re-listed every two hours.

Good exposure, but I can't find out how it's done

I see the same 4 - one of them has the listing date of sometime in March!

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

"Sponsored" listings

how do they get such great exposure?

They pay for it. 

Either with paid ads or paid Promoted Listings.

Hope one of them was mine, lol.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

"Sponsored" listings

They're a pain in the posterior when trying to search lowest to highest price............... here I am in the middle of scrolling through some really a la ordinaire junk in the $40 range hoping to find a bargain and see this stunning picture of the most magnificent item and think to myself "This can't be true!" ..................................... then I realise its a Sponsored listing for a $500 piece.

To quote wassis name from thingo bay (you know, that show on the telly) "Ya flamin' mongrels eBay!" (shakes fist and scowls theatrically)

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

"Sponsored" listings

Seems strange that the exact same ad from the same seller appears 4 listings down from the 'sponsored' one at the top. I wouldnt have thought the listing would be duplicated ...

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=international+directory+of+civi...

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

"Sponsored" listings

paying for 2 bites of the cherry....
Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

"Sponsored" listings

When you sponser an ad, the ad is duplicated and the top ad is the sponsered one and the other ad is your normal ad, because they are connected and the sponsered ad get sold so much the normal ad stays up high in search as well.

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply