"you determine the cost paid by the buyer" For All Shipping Options

Hi,

Trying to list an item which I do rarely. I see there is now dozens of postage options. I don’t know how long that has been possible.

Every shipping option states:
"you determine the cost paid by the buyer".

To troubleshoot I selected just a basic domestic Australia Post parcel service hoping it would automatically calculate for the buyer. But still the problem persists.

I need to ship this internationally & don’t want to work out postage for everyone contemplating a bid etc.

Dimensions are 32 x 28 x 20cm & 766g

Assistance would be much appreciated. Many thanks.
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Selling overseas is a real risk at the moment (always has been, but more so now).

Just package it up and take it to your PO to get an idea.

Why do you "need" to send this internationally? Has someone made an enquiry?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Perhaps you need to look further down - when creating the listing,  you choose "calculated" and under international bit, there is a space for dimensions and weight.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

I still send international to any country Australia Post will send to and have had no issues but i do extend the handling time to 30 days for any slow deliveries. Just be aware in will also show for local wich may be an issue but for what I sell overseas the local market demand is low.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

It’s an American market product. Useless here.
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Then as I mention above, package it up and take it to the PO to check weight and dimensions. They will tell you exactly how much it will be to send tracked. You can then add the shipping to the listing by choosing "International shipping" and click on "Flat Rate Postage" (since you'll know the cost) click Custom location and choose the USA.

Also, extend your handling time to the maximum possible.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Use the online postage calculator through Australia posts own website.

There’s only a few international mail zones so countries fit into one of those but lots are suspended or delayed and it changes often
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Hello again,

Does the period an item should arrive begin from when it was posted or when the handling time ends?

I know eBay didn’t used to keep track of that but now that they do?

Thanks again. 

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

eBay's ETA period depends on the seller's handling time, the date of posting won't change that.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply