return no reason other than doesn't suit

well this is a first after many mant great sales, I sold a leather jacket which is grey and aged to perfection as stated in listing and shown in pictures clearly.

customer wants to return as it doent suit her and she is not happy with that shade of grey, now I included $20 post and am asked to pay her a full refund and return post , since when can you return something as it doesnt suit.??

I will not sell on ebay if this is now how it works ๐Ÿ˜ž        

I would happily refund if damaged or not as described of course but her comment it doesnt suit me well thats not cool

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

UPDATE

buyer wins again, they just took her word for it...omg how can pictures not form part of the desciption....her email stating the shade of grey did not suit her.....so angry I m going to pay this person then close my account which i have had for years with 100% feedback, I always offer free post ...I can not afford this happening !!

shops dont have to refund for change of mind what gives ebay the right to not discuss with ME THE SELLER, I am told I hve to get back then fight it, wth is with that??

when ebay took away sellers rights to leave negative feedback was bad enough!!

hope the guy on chat feels bad as I certainly pointed out a few truths then 

sorry to late debate when you have it back what....does she have to re buy??

vent over, but everyone be wary of this!!

Message 21 of 23
Latest reply

Unfortunately ebay will almost alway side with the buyer, even when the buyer is clearly in the wrong and ebay know it

I understand you have already wasted time on this when you should'nt have to, but I'm just wondering if you have spoken to a supervisor ? Ground level CS staff in the call center rarely care (sometime people are lucky enough to get someone who is excellent)

Too many sellers have closed their account due to scammers,fibbers and their mates who support them

You have no returns on your listing, you have messages from the buyer saying 'it does'nt suit' as the reason = buyer's remorse

One wonders if this is the first time she has pulled the same stunt

Times before a buyer has said such and such was not as described,or damaged or wrong size and have been busted posting photos of themselves on Facebook in said clothes

Might be worth hanging in just a little longer if you can, too many good sellers are gone because of rotten apple buyers

Message 22 of 23
Latest reply

Omg, I am shocked at this!

I was 99% confident that you would not have to refund this buyer. Her reason was purely change of mind, NOT that the item was not as described. She SAID that openly to you.

I don't get it.

I have had a few buyers try to get refunds from me, also as a mostly second hand clothing / shoe / bag / (new) cosmetics seller. One said she never received the item literally the DAY ebay's estimate said it was due. She did not message me and just immediately lodged a claim with ebay. I messaged her, requesting she wait until the end of the week. No response. I learnt a lesson that day as the item was small and inexpensive so I foolishly didn't use a prepaid satchel with tracking. I knew I had no case. She was highly aggressive, so I refunded. My store was quite new (though I've been on ebay as a buyer for 16 years) and I feared negative feedback. (The item, incidentally, was a butt pad to make your butt look better and rounder. lol. I pictured some rogue mailman stealing my butt and walking around wearing it!)

Then I had someone else complain an item of clothing that was "stained". She sent a photo of the red Kookai tank top literally smeared with brown. It was NOT in that hideous condition when I bought it or photographed it or posted it. MY photos clearly showed that, but she was SO angry and rude, and accused me of accusing HER of ruining the item herself (which I did not ever imply. Her guilty mind at work, I suspect, as I do believe that is exactly what she did.) Again, I refunded her as I feared negative feedback. I was annoyed.

THEN the last straw occurred. A pristine condition second hand top was sold. The buyer complained that it had a "loose thread" and demanded a full refund. Um. NO. I felt like yelling THERE IS NO THREAD, BUT IF YOU INSIST THERE IS, TRIM IT YOURSELF, FOR F'S SAKE!" Of course, I am always lovely and responded politely WITH photos that there was no thread when the garment left my possession, and even if there was, I respectfully did not believe this warranted a full refund.

Immediately she lodged an ebay claim saying the item was damaged. She never provided photos despite me requesting them. I listed in dot points my case for it not requiring a refund and received a shouted and aggressive response. I then said I was no longer willing to correspond directly with her due to her manner and would let ebay sort it out.

They decided to refund her but I did not have to pay anything. WOO HOO!!!

So YOUR case? What the hell happened!?
Message 23 of 23
Latest reply