return postage label did not be used

Hi,
I have a buyer want to return the item. She satrt with a return item case, then I let her return the item and send her the return postage label. Then she said she have no car, so she can not go to the post office to return the item. she say I must find someone to go to her place to pick up the item. But anyway she will need her money back within 3 days.

1) I dont know how to get someone to pick up the item in another state. ( I am in SA and she is in Albanvale VIC 3021)

2)ok even I can not get my item back and need to refund her. That is a big money lose already. Can I at least get the money back for the return postage label , which have not been used as all?

Thank you for anyone who know the answer

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

She has to return the item. Tell her to get someone to post it. Items must be returned with tracking so pick up is not acceptable. She could always use public transpor, or for a bit of exercise walk!

explain the item must be returned with tracking so she needs to post it and you cannot refund until you receive the item back by post.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

as designers said it is her responsibility to return the item to you BEFORE she gets a refund. if i was in your shoes, there is absolutely no way i would be refunding any amount to her until i have the returned item back in my hands. 

she can't demand how quickly she wants the money returned. she bought the item and wants to return it - so the return process has to take it's course. 

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

No return, no refund.

You should be able to cancel the postage label. I don't use them, but I believe it can take several weeks for the refund to come through.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

She can get a courier to pick it up if it's that much of an imposition for her - those arrangements, and costs, however, are her responsibility.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

The buyer said the item is not work, so "It is not our fault to get a faulty product from you,Please collect your item and fully refund me asap. If there is any drama happens, I should take further legal action. I expected the fund by 4 July, otherwise I will have ask the Consumers Affair to solve this." 

What I worry is ebay alway help buyer, but not seller. And also whatever I upset the buyer, their leave me negative feedback which I really dont want. 

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

unfortunately, if you're wanting either to not have to lose the money for the item, as well as the item - you're going to have to run the risk of the possibility of getting negative feedback - but you've struck an unreasonable buyer who thinks they're entitled to everything.

her threats are simply that. consumer affairs aren't going to get involved when she hasn't exhausted all of the avenues of ebay's system.

if i was in your position - i'd be courteous to her and simply reply and tell her that you're not refunding her until you receive the item back from her and that that involves her posting it. it simply IS NOT your responsibility to collect the item from her.

i'd direct her to the page regarding returns - https://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/sr?&query=1437

..and leave it at that until you hear back from her. as i said previously, she can't put a date on when she wants her money refunded if she hasn't taken the necessary steps to return the item. she's trying to intimidate you and it seems like you're falling for it.
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

She is very unreasonable, very bossy.

As other people have said, she has to post the item back, with tracking.

Of course she can get to a post office. She hasn't said she is disabled, just that she has no car. of course she goes out and shops sometimes. And if she doesn't, she can get a friend or relative to post it back for her.

I think you should stick with the rules. Tell her politely she has to return the item before a refund can be made, they are the rules. Tell her if she cannot do it, to get a friend to post it.

She will probably leave a negative no matter what you do. Do not worry about that, you can always answer it.

If she keeps making trouble, ring ebay and talk to someone there, get them to read her messages and with luck they should side with you.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Not sure what this person's point is there. I have not owned a car in over 20 years

There is public transport

there is getting off your bot and walking (heaven forbid!)

There are couriers

Threats and excuses from a demanding and unresonable individual is all I am reading

I would be phoning ebay anyway, asking for a call back and letting them know

Who knows how many others she has pulled the same stunt with

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@enigmabear wrote:

Not sure what this person's point is there. I have not owned a car in over 20 years

There is public transport

there is getting off your bot and walking (heaven forbid!)

There are couriers

Threats and excuses from a demanding and unresonable individual is all I am reading

I would be phoning ebay anyway, asking for a call back and letting them know

Who knows how many others she has pulled the same stunt with

I totally agree. I think it would be worth a call to ebay to get all this on record.

Sometimes things are not convenient for people but that is a totally different thing to being impossible.

If she bought from K mart or any other shopping chain she would be expected to return the item for exchange or refund (unless we were talking big furniture items, that may be different). But for everyday purchases, that's how it works.

I'm wondering if she is just hoping that if she makes enough trouble, she will just get a full refund plus keep the item, but I would not be letting that happen if I could help it.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply