returns ... what should I do

had a buyer purchase one lot of 2 boys ralph lauren tees preloved.  I purchased these in roughly 2007/8 online paid a fair amount of money for them and believe them to be real.  the buyer believes otherwise and has politely contacted me and wants a return them both. She thinks one is real and one isn't.  she says she has many RL tops around her house and doesn't match up.  the 2nd tee she commented looks old and out of shape, which I don't agree with as my son hardly wore it as he didn't like it.  she's filed a return so I assume I'm up for approx $22 + post + return post?  what should I do?/ or what can i do.  I get I'll wear a defect.

I told her I cleaned out sons wardrobe ebaying several labels and gave the rest away. they're not cheap copies from bali or singapore, I know ebays policy on counterfeit.  thanks

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

thanks black poppy appreciate your quick advice. even after the date given has past?

doesn't seem fair for the seller... as in  doesn't the buyer need to provide proof for an eBay claim that the item is counterfeit  - since I believe its not.. fvf is minimal... 

I knew sooner or later I'd end up wearing a return, as in how easy so many other threads have stated a return can be for any buyer - sigh!

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

You could sit tight and see if the buyer does escalate... they will be able to for at least a couple of weeks yet (i've never tested this so don't know the tieframes for sure).  It's a bit of a gamble I guess.  If they do nothing then it will just time out eventually.  But if they do escalate you'll lose the funds and the items.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

as in ebay favour the buyer? its a no win even if you are in the right? - so to speak.  as in any buyer could do it?

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Ebay can't objectively arbitrate because they don't handle the goods... so they always favour the buyer.   I would be ecstatic to hear about stories that favour the seller in similar circumstances, would be very rare. 

In this case paypal might require the buyer to prove non-authenticity, ebay certainly won't.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply