startrack lost my item....very bad customer service

don't bother using startrack couriers ( I see a previous poster had a bad experience with a tv).

given its christmas I'd cut anyone some slack - however we all have priorities and orders to fill/presents we've bought etc.

supposed to be delivered wed.

I get the no apologies, we've however many 5,000 or 50,000 tonnes arrived in late to sort excuse - not that thats my problem..........and you'll get it tommorrow.

tommorrow comes no package.

today being friday I call for like a 4th time of holding for 25 mins to be told that one of my two packages may arrive today which it didn't - they don't deliver weekends so its going to be at least 4 days late AND one of my parcels is missing.

finally when I get someone who will help I get asked the question did you insure it?  I pay approx $17 for them to get from A to B and they lose it.  I actually paid for 3 of these 5kg satchels, one late, one missing, one in transit. 

so I qualitfy for $50 re-imbursement - perhaps...when inside is several $100s worth of vintage content- which is actually not replaceable.  I'd rather have the goods not the monetary value.  I used courier because they're supposed to be quicker and better quality service than Aust Post.

- this was a vent, I'm the recipient not the account holder.  but have been in touch with the account holder several times as well as their courier acc management.  Any comments?  other than you should have insured - can't change that now. what are my rights (too stronger word ) for very late delivery and lost delivery?

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

I have no idea why that driver would have left your parcel at an AP hub.  If parcels cannot be delivered they should be carded and then left at your LOCAL PO where you can pick it up any time the PO is open..  StarTrack is the only courier company that can do this, purely because they are owned by AP.

Interesting. It was signature on delivery... so that could be done at the Post Office?

Message 31 of 40
Latest reply

Am, the parcel is considered delivered when it is left at the PO just as a parcel being delivered by the postman or AP contractor.  It has the same conditions attached....if you had to sign for the courier you will have to sign at the PO after providing ID to prove your identity.

It is just as safe for sender and receiver as it would be if you signed for the courier.

Message 32 of 40
Latest reply

alleleon
Community Member
J
Message 33 of 40
Latest reply

alleleon
Community Member
Hi.
i work at startrack .post own it.auspost/statrack CEO are running startrack into the ground.startrack use to be reliable.not anymore.post/starck dont care anymore.sacked all the longterm knowledgeable managers .fresh blood managers are hopeless.they opened a satelite depot in botany sydney that lasted 3 days then shut it down LOL bigtime .millions wasted .
they now do short deliveries. CEO OF post/ track his pay $4.8m a year plus bonus.USA CEO post Pay of $500k a year and has to look after 330m people.
Message 34 of 40
Latest reply

Have you worked for StarTrack for long?   Have you always been StarTrack or are you ex AaE?

My OH worked for AaE for nearly 20 years before they became StarTrack....still the same supervisors in the shed that have always been there.

Message 35 of 40
Latest reply

For the record over a week from sending it, my courier package is still lost and seems to be my bad luck. their responsibility and care factor is just not there.
Message 36 of 40
Latest reply

Hi all, as at 5 Jan startrack will be declaring my 5kg courier package officially lost (after 10 business days of "searching").  despite having a tracking no. and provided a copy of the signed manifest to show it was indeed picked up by the courier I am entitled to no compensation (their customer service advises) since I didn't take out insurance.

it was approx $17 for the courier "service" and the contents cost me approx $210 but worth over $400 and irreplaceable mostly vintage magazines & ephemera.

as originally stated it never occured to me that it would be necessary for me to insure a courier.  Anyone know out there what I am legally entitled to re compensation, how I should handle this going fwd.  I'm told its at the companies discretion ...possibly $50.. of course I would have the original courier contents 10x over.

(this was one of 3 courier packages sent to my address, and have also used startrack before then (with an earlier experience of being hung up on by the customer service investigator when my couriers were several days late).

Message 37 of 40
Latest reply

Read the Terms and Conditions on the StarTrack paperwork but I think you will find that there is no compensation unless you took out insurance.....much the same as Australia Post.

Message 38 of 40
Latest reply

I have no paperwork, I'm the recipient.  who reads those t&cs...likely only those of us when things go wrong.

Message 39 of 40
Latest reply

Go to the StarTrack website and look at the bottom left hand side of the Home page.....you can read the Terms and Conditions there.

Message 40 of 40
Latest reply