unreasonable offers

Is anybody else getting offers to buy your stuff way under asking price before an auction or buy now has ended.

it's become so frequent it's driving me nuts & I'm now having trouble being polite in my answers.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: unreasonable offers

formulate a standard respone.

save it to word

copy and paste when required.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

it can get very frustrating, don't let it get to you.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Very, very rarely. If it is an auction item then I just tell them sorry but that is unfair to the many watchers of the item (cough, cough) and they are welcome to bid if they wish.

For a BIN unless I have best offer selected I ignore them.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

What is unreasonable to one seller may be fine for another. Standard response is sensible, so it wouldn't take long to say yes or no.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

yes, before christmas I had some real smarties - to put it politely.

it was on best offer though. a little insulting that people would think I was so desperate to part with something I'd accept like $5 for particular vintage items but I just counteroffered & in several cases while those ones not willing to pay what I believed it was worth were negotiating, they actually missed out as someone else bought it outright buy it now.

think of it another way...I tried an item on a facebook buying page and out came all the keyboard warriors.... people were very rude and absolute sharks.........for an item valued at $800 they offered me $60! - yes I get that things are only worth what someone is willing to pay however that was extreme ... needless to say I'm back on ebay

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

My standard reply - tailored for when I used Best Offer:

Thank you for your interest; unfortunately I am not able to meet that price.

If I counter-offered, I'd add but I hope you find the counter-offer aceptable

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Before Christmas was getting a few, and I didnt have best offer as an option. Recently on a an item over $300 buyer said, " want these but only want to spend around $100 and thats all its worth"........happy to say the item sold for $325 to a very happy buyer .

My response is commensurate with their approach lol.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply