vehicle listings with good till cancelled

I am trying to make sense of something with the changes with the good till cancelled listings.

I am able to create a listing in the vehicles section for a car or bike and list under a classified ad for 28 days.

But, someone else I help out is unable to do so. they cannot select classified ad as an option. they do regularly have a few listings at a time for differnt cars listed. 7 day auction or gtc doesn't really suit. 28 classified ad (even at a higher listing price) would be a better option for them, but they are unable to select with that account.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I'm assuming that they are trying to list in the right category (there doesn't appear to be any restrictions on using classifieds, aside from being limited to certain categories, however it should be available in all categories under Cars, Bikes, Boats), so the only things I can think of that may potentially cause an issue is trying to use the quick listing tool (which has limited features), and / or using a mobile app to list (which again often seems to exclude certain options and features). If there is a link somewhere on the page to switch to the advanced listing tool, tell them to try that and more options might come up under format. 

One thing to try if nothing else works, is finding an ad for something similar, make sure it's listed as a classified, and while in the listing, click the "Sell it yourself" link which appears under the photo gallery. This will copy over all of the basic listing data, and its format, though they will have to go through everything and make sure all the item specifics etc are updated to the one they're selling. 

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

looks like it is an account issue.

works ok on other accounts, using same computer and browser- so know that we are getting the process right. but cannot get that account to be able to list as a classified ad on any computer / browser. have been using advanced listing tool.

thinking it could be a ebay store issue, but other non store accounts seem to be ok.

or could there be a limit on the number of vehicle listings?

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I have a store on another account and was able to select the classified format through that, so I'm assuming it's not related to having a store. I can't see any information about listing limits and I'm seeing sellers listing cars in the classfied format having more than 100 listings up (most don't have stores, but there's one with 70-odd classifieds that does, so again I can only presume this doesn't restrict or limit access to the format). 

It's not an option you can add or remove, either, under the customisable options in the listing form, so I suspect a call to ebay CS (or rather, using the callback option) might be the best chance of finding out what's going on. 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply