warning all sellers dublicated listing policy freeze account even editing

I am not having a good week with Ebay .

my account have been restricted due to a duplication of item listed on our Australian and USA Ebay site , the description is the same but the prices are different , I had this problem in the past and was advised by Ebay to change the qualities and price , this will then make your listing different. As usual there rules always change.

Ebay big stick comes out and restricts your account, to the point you cannot even edit and other potential listing. I would believe this will shut down 90% of the large Chinese sites.

I did ring them , like usual just a waste of time, I will hope that when the 7 days is up I have been slammed for other restrictions.

Maybe someone out there would suggest is there a way you can search your listing to see if there is any violations, like duplicated listing, the one just removed had been there for over 12 months

Dealing on Ebay is like walking a tight rope , you never no when you going to fall off.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Well if that's the case mbselections I had best take your advice and tinker with our item titles a bit. Wonder if re-arranging the same words would cut it enuff
Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

I always that listing an item that caters to a different buyer was the key to avoiding duplicates. Which is what the different flowers on our barefoot sandals do.
Take the classic example of the identical envelope selling in packs of either 50 or 100. I would have thought that this would not be considered a duplicate as it clearly caters for s different buyer. In this case the pics and title would be identical. Just the price would be different.
Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:
Well if that's the case mbselections I had best take your advice and tinker with our item titles a bit. Wonder if re-arranging the same words would cut it enuff
AND

Take the classic example of the identical envelope selling in packs of either 50 or 100. I would have thought that this would not be considered a duplicate as it clearly caters for s different buyer. In this case the pics and title would be identical. Just the price would be different.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

clarry, yes, that's what I had to do - re-arranged the same words lol. Eg Green and blue lampwork glass beads suit European bracelet / European Lampwork glass beads - Blue and green suit bracelet  Smiley Happy  It is quite pathetic to think they can be so strict with such matters but not bother to look at the main photo - but that's the system we have to work with I guess.  I was so peeved because not only did it mean I lost heaps of my free monthly listing quota & they refused to re-instate them, no matter what I said, they still considered them Duplicate Listing Violations.  So it is definitely worth the time & effort to tinker & tweak them Smiley Wink

And yes for sure, the identical envelopes are ok because they are different pack quantities and prices

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply