what is happening to ebay???????????????

Hi guy`s recently had a problem buyer that left bad feedback after 1 day,and didnt buy anything from me???anyway was sending me harrassing & threatening messages (27)in total until i threatened them with police action. I contacted ebay 15 times regarding the harrassment/threats and the fact that they didn`t buy anything from me,and left feedback,all the messages i got were automatic "sorry there is nothing we can do about it messages" now I am up to message 12 regarding the item in question,that  was sold to another  5 days later, and they " YOU guessed it" sorry there is nothing we can do?? Now please correct me if i am wrong ,"WHAT DO WE PAY SUCH HIGH FEE`s FOR????????????????  Think it may be time t switch to gumtree,at least im not paying gumtree to be "sorry there is nothing we can do" !!!!!!!!!!!   AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH   man its frustrating ,you try hard to do the right thing and get pumped in the process, And those that cause the trouble dont even get a slap on the wrist, honestly dont waste your time with ebay`s customer support,they obviously dont read the messages we send,just click the button and the computer automatically answer`s with "YOU know what" if i say it again i`kll freak, thanks for listening to me.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Did you open and close a non paying bidder dispute?  If you did, then ask ebay to remove the negative feedback.

I suspect you have not done so or the bidder would not have been able to leave that feedback in the first place.

If the messages were coming through ebay you should have reported them via the link on the message.  It is almost impossible to get ebay to act if you do not follow the rules and report problems in the correct way.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

@johmic1972 wrote:

. . . .  Think it may be time t switch to gumtree . . . .

just out of interest, did you know that eBay own Gumtree?

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member
You have already made a thread about this buyer. You mentioned the shoes were pick up only in the other thread which is not correct. You had postage as $15 for the Nike shoes. You refunded the buyer and buyer had the right to leave negative. Please correct me if I am not following this story correctly.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

The buyer paid but seller refunded it, so no claim can be made to remove the neg.
Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

If he didn't buy anything from you, I'm pretty sure he couldn't have left feedback. Or do you mean that he did win/purchase something and then didn't pay?

Why was the buyer contacting you if he didn't buy anything from you? I'm confused.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

ditto crikey, how on earth can someone leave fb when a transaction hasnt taken place?

Beats me.

Did he lose an auction? I am also very confused but then thats not necessarily unusual .lol

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Sounds as if the neg was well deserved, thank goodness ebay did the job right and refused to remove it!

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Hi,

We are a new seller to ebay and we had a lady who purchase a mannequin from us and damaged the item. we offered her a refund because she threatened us with negitive feedback. After many emails and offers she insisted we cancel the sale. We did. Then she would  not give back the mannequinn and left us bad feed back. We thoroughly checked the item before sending and it was in brand new condition. But it's easy we could have missed something. We were extremely honest and really wanted to help her fix the problem. She just didn't want us to help in any way. Is there anything we can do about negtive feed back? Will it effect  other sales on our ebay site??

Thankyou for taking the time to help.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

@retailtherapist_8 wrote:

ditto crikey, how on earth can someone leave fb when a transaction hasnt taken place?

Beats me.

Did he lose an auction? I am also very confused but then thats not necessarily unusual .lol

Then that makes 3 of us but I am assuming it was a canceled sale or something like that. I think Phorum is right on the money in this case as only 50% of the story seems to have been told.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply