when other sellers buy your items and then don't pay for them. What can I do?

I sell jewellery. I am having other sellers buy up my product and then not pay. Example: Yesterday one person bought all I had in a particular line of jewellery. 5 dfferent items and took the multiple amounts as well. eg. earrings x 5, they take off the five.They are removing all my things. They start a new email account and then a new ebay account there feedback is zero and that is how I tell. They never pay and it doesn't matter re bad feedback from ebay.  Because these are the last of those lines I cannot relist for ages and of course we have already paid our fees. This has happened to me approximately 5 times in the last 2 months. Is there anything we can do? Hope you can understand what I have just written. Thank you in anticipation. Natalie

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

As with anyone who does not pay raise an unpaid item dispute after 4-days, then after another 4-days close it.

This will get back your FVF's for the unpaid item and will issue a strike to the buyer.

Then make sure you have your auto-blocks in place to block buyers who have 2 or more strikes over the past 12 months.

Once they accrue 2 strikes then they will be unable to bother you again on that ID.

If they use another ID to circumvent your blocks then report them to ebay as to do this is a breach of policy.

Also add them to you blocked buyer list for good measure.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

jh084
Community Member

Have you used the buying blocks when you list your items? I used to have the same problem and it's stopped since I did this. When you list an item it's at the bottom, try it next time

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

yep block all those that have 0 feedback and are not verified.
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

So Harley you say block all new buyers? Thats good for business. All new buyers had to start somewhere.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

@bsal6160 wrote:

So Harley you say block all new buyers? Thats good for business. All new buyers had to start somewhere.

No, not all new buyers, just buyers who aren't verified. I get plenty of 0 feedback buyers buy from me, even though I have blocks in place, so they have obviously bothered to go through the verification process. I actually block unverifieds with 5 or less feedback. It's the best way to stop scammers if you sell high priced, high risk stuff (which I don't).

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

I recently just had the same thing happen to me. Funny thing was I stated two times PICK UP ONLY on my listing. The buyer was from the Eastern states and I am from W.A. She happens to sell exactly the same thing(s) as she bought from me. When I contacted her she said "Oh Sorry, can you cancel transaction" - which I have put thru. 7 days later has not responded to request. I cannot open the Unpaid Item dispute until the time elapses for her to respond to the cancellation. Very frustrating.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Here starts the lesson -

Open a NPB, especially when you know they are a competitior.

You get the satisfaction of giving them a strike and, more importantly, it's an 8 day process that can only be stopped by the 'buyer' paying. A cancellation will time out in 10 days, I believe, but there are no repercussions on the 'buyer', so a NPB is the go.

Plus, they can't leave feedback with a NPB, and they certainly can with a cancellation.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Can I open a NPB once the cancellation time elapses (tomorrow will be day 10) ?

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

I don't think so...

Once the 10-days lapses from when you opened the cancellation request, asssuming the buyer has not responded, then the transaction will be automatically closed by ebay and you will get your FVF's back. But the buyer could still leave feedback even after the closure. And if the buyer should choose to be nasty and choose NOT to accept the cancellation request then you have lost your FVF's and you will have to argue with ebay to overturn that buyer decision. Good luck with that.

This is why we tend to use the unpaid item case first up as we retain control and once the case is closed, after 8-days total, then the buyer not only gets an unpaid item strike on their account but they cannot leave feedback. And you still get your FVF's back. In this case tho the buyer could still pay inside the case time and can then leave vindictive feedback. Although we have never had a buyer do this to us.

So its only in exceptional circumstances where will will go the cancellation route.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply