why am i banned indefinetly from selling on ebay

I recently moved house and I unfortunately was unable to send 5 items to customers as they were still in transit.  I apologised to the customers and provided refunds. I have been an ebay customer since 2013 and had no problems before and have had no negative feedback from buyers. Yet ebay have no said I can no longer sell with them indefinetly. Has anyone else had this issue?  Customer service was diabolical. I asked for a review  and they would not provide detailed explanation and in fact were quite rude.  How do you actially make an officail complaint or is this not possible?.

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

If there were no disputes/cases opened then I suspect there is another side to this story we've not been made aware of yet.
Late delivery (which is what you are describing) will earn you downgrades of your account status but not suspension that I'm aware of.
EBay would have sent a message outlining why you were being suspended. Perhaps if you posted a copy of that message on here our esteemed members will be able to help you interpret the reasons behind this.
Message 11 of 30
Latest reply

@mays_au2013 wrote:

5 out of 353

ebay work off your recent activity, so historical sales back to 2013 are irrelevant.  It would appear you have had five recent sales

between  15/7/18 -  21/8/18.    So it would appear that on your recent activity you have had a 100% fail rate on shipment,  while this

is probably  a total contrast to your previous history, it would be setting off alarm bells at ebay.

Message 12 of 30
Latest reply

There were no disputes or opened cases against me. I spoke with an Ebay superviser and she agreed that I have had zero negative feedback in last 12 months. She also agreed that I have canceled only 5 orders over last 12 months. In fact over the last 3 months I have been very careful to ensure everything is posted on time. The problem actually seems to be that I am not selling enough and consequently overall it looks like my % transactions not met is >5% if I had sold more items it would lower the %. So essentially the more you sell and make a profit for Ebay the more likely they are to keep you on.

This makes me annoyed when I see sellars who have regular negative feedback, sell couterfeit material and get away with it. I had a couple of bad months when I moved house and I am labelled labelled a bad seller for life and there is no opportunity to start again.

There is no other side to the story as you imply. I have been an Ebay seller for over 5 years now and I was completely shocked by this.  Whats more shocking is there is no right of appeal.

I am going to close this discussion now as everyone on it seems to side with Ebay and I think in this case Ebay is actually worong and penalise small sellers.

Message 13 of 30
Latest reply

No-one is siding with Ebay, we have all heard about unfair instances where Ebay has closed down someone with little reason. The trouble is that we can only tell you the facts and no matter how unfair it is there is no way to help you. We may not agree with Ebay but it is their playpen.

Latest reply

What was the reason chosen for cancellation? The 'out of stock' option will give you a defect, but the others won't and shouldn't result on suspension.
Message 15 of 30
Latest reply

Ok just for your clarification I have sold 5 items since 15/7.  I posted 4 out of 5 and had good feedback. To my reckoning that is 20% failure rate on shipment not 100%. 

Message 16 of 30
Latest reply

I realise that you don't want to continue with thread but please bear with us. If you answere questions put to you, such as the one just posed by Digital, there is a chance we can use the information to help others in the futrue with that knowledge. We are not ganging up on you.

Latest reply

You said in your first message that you were unable to send 5 items. So was it one or five items you were unable to send?

Did you tell eBay you moved, showed proofs etc?

I am not a seller, but it would be really unusual if the banned you for life for not sending one item....

Message 18 of 30
Latest reply

Open a new account - simples

Message 19 of 30
Latest reply

If a member is banned from selling then they cannot open a new account to get round the ban.

One account banned = all accounts banned.

You have been around long enough to know this.

Message 20 of 30
Latest reply