why do Ebay charge so much to private seller that means people like me a pensioner that why I will

Hi,please read above, again i will not sell a item on Ebay you people are to expensive i am not a trader i am just a pensioner i am going to move house that why i selling unwanted items.................John.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

why do Ebay charge so much to private seller that means people like me a pensioner that why I will

ebay you review your selling things on ebay ,i am selling my house and i going to move into a small one so i do not want to bring unwanted items with me you people charge far to much i am a trader just a pensioner until you change you ways i will not advitized my house items on ebay RSVP........................John.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

it's not that expensive when you consider the amount of people that could see your listing.

try taking an advert out in the paper.. and that is for 1 day only.. not cheap... and limited amount of people to read it.

you could always do a garage sale, - you may get more $$ or you may get less...

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

a garage sale is a good idea if you do not want to pay ebay for the wonderful service they provide.

however, remember advertising your garage sale in the local paper can cost $25 or more and only a few locals will actually read the local paper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

You have had a lot of problems with sellers & items going by your feedback left for others,maybe eBay just isn't for you.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member
Why don't you list on Gumtree instead, where it's free?

Clearly ebay is not the right place for people like yourself.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

You have only sold 6 items on ebay and the last one was 18 months ago.

I am not sure why you feel the need to tell us that the fees are too high after all this time

As already stated, try Gumtree...it is free, but you will not get as many potential buyers.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

The one benefit with Gumtree over eBay (apart from free) is the 'locality' searches.

Also you can advertise a Garage Sale - so 2 birds, 1 stone.

As far as fee's on eBay go, yes they are far too high for someone like yourself listing multiple items - One ad - Garage Sale in the paper would definitely work out cheaper, and easier as most items no doubt will be pick up only.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply