why hasnt ebay fixed their delivery date estimator

they used to say the item should be delivered within a timeframe (ie. 7th-11th Oct) now I'm noticing them stating specific delivery dates (on or before 7th Oct) which is earlier than what Auspost indicates. Furthermore they dont seem to calculate the public holiday in handling time or delivery dates. I thought ebay had fixed their delivery timeframe issue.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: why hasnt ebay fixed their delivery date estimator

They have probably got that in the "too hard basket", most sellers are padding out their handling time to compensate for it but still posting asap.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Ebay are far too bogged in the muds of fantasy land when it come to their 'estimates' re postage time

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Why would they bother?   It might be helpful to sellers and what would be the point of that when they want to get rid of smaller sellers anyway.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

No such luck.  I was unsuccesful in appealing a late shipment defect which arrived one day after eBay's EED.  It was going from Melbourne to Mt Isa in Qld.  Even though Australia Post was closed for a public holiday during the shipment, they would not let me off the one day (letter rate without tracking).  Basically I could not provide "evidence" of lodgement. Its interesting that eBay does not accept a seller marking an item as posted within handling time, but they accept a buyer marking the item arrived after the EED.  Neither equates to "evidence".

Cant complain as this is the only late shipment defect that I have been unable to reverse.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Why doesn't eBay fix 90% of things on their website? (Why doesn't Australia Post deliver mail and parcels on Saturdays and Sundays in 2016?)

When listing footy cards (AFL/VFL), the years in the drop-down box end at 2014, and a number of teams are missing, notably Gold Coast and GWS (not to mention North Melbourne is listed simply as 'Kangaroos', and Footscray is missing, so you have to use 'Western Bulldogs' even for vintage cards), but also defunct teams such as the Brisbane Bears and South Melbourne Swans (strangely enough, Fitzroy Lions is actually in the list). Good thing you can still type your own in, until they only let you use hard-coded values...

Their video game catalogue is even worse, I reckon about 98% of the games I look up are not in their list. One in fifty, and that's pushing it.

Super Mario 64 is unheard of according to eBay's catalogue - "We didn't find any matches. Try searching again using these tips:

Please verify that your entry is correct and try again."

Typing "Mario 64" instead yields Mario Tennis 64, and no other games whatsoever. Nope, not even Mario Kart 64.
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@heihachi_73 wrote:
 (Why doesn't Australia Post deliver mail and parcels on Saturdays and Sundays in 2016?)

Australia Post does deliver parcels on Saturdays....they have been doing so since before last Christmas.
StarTrack will also deliver on Saturdays if the surcharge is paid.
Why should they deliver on Sundays....surely AP workers are entitled to one day off.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@heihachi_73 wrote:
 (Why doesn't Australia Post deliver mail and parcels on Saturdays and Sundays in 2016?)

Australia Post does deliver parcels on Saturdays....they have been doing so since before last Christmas.

They don't deliver on Saturdays out here in central Victoria Lyndal. A number of times this year some of my parcels arrived at Golden Square (Bendigo) sorting office on a Friday morning. They have all been delivered by the local postie after the weekend on the Monday because our Post Office is not open on Saturdays. 

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@e_traders_aus wrote:

they used to say the item should be delivered within a timeframe (ie. 7th-11th Oct) now I'm noticing them stating specific delivery dates (on or before 7th Oct) which is earlier than what Auspost indicates. Furthermore they dont seem to calculate the public holiday in handling time or delivery dates. I thought ebay had fixed their delivery timeframe issue.

We have increased our handling time from 0-days to 3-days to combat these late delivery defects. But we still mail on the same day as we always have done.

Since doing that we have not incurred a single late delivery defect and we almost exclusively use untracked large letter items.

In fact our positive feedback comments about how quick our postage is have increased dramatically.

And we have not noticed any negative impact on sales by doing this.

All that has happened is that the little premium seller badge has disappeared off our listings. Meh!

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Yes, AP workers should be entitled to two days off (not just one). The point is, they don't have to ALL start work on Monday, finish on Friday and have Saturday and Sunday off. Times have changed, eBay has been operating for over two decades and all we've seen out of the post office is the prices going up while the service remains the same (or even declines, or becomes overwhelmed with the sheer volume of mail and parcels in the system). They're running at a loss because of their own stupid archaic ways, and by giving a good portion of their business to Ahmed Fahour by refusing to take small items (including media) that would fall under the large letter category if they weren't a few millimetres over the arbitrary limit of 20.
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply