why have sellers left negative comments for a bad buyer but have each given a green positive point?

Recently had a buyer win an item I had for sale. They never paid or replied to emails/follow up invoices/ upaid case etc.

Looking at her feedback she has NUMEROUS negative comments about 'being a time waster' 'never paying' etc... YET each of these negative comments have been added to her feedback list with a green positive point? I don't understand!? 

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

why have sellers left negative comments for a bad buyer but have each given a green positive point?

For many years sellers have not been able to leave negs or neuts.

Sellers are leaving false positives which is against eBay rules and the buyer if they knew could have them removed.

What sellers should do instead is open unpaid item cases which issues non payers with strikes disabling them to bid or buy.

And add the non payers to their BBL.

image host
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Ebay does not allow anything but green dots to be left for buyers

For some reason, foolish people therefore mark as a positive green dot but with a negative comment

Not only is this against 'ebay rules' more importantly, it gives these time wasting non-payers more positive green dots

I don't understand either, other than people's desire to leave 'bad feedback' overides their common sense that 'green dots' are good 

I hope you opened an unpaid item dispute and put this rotten egg on your blocked buyers list

Edit  *Slow Bear today

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply. I had no idea that ebay no longer allowed neg/neutral dots. Yet when you view a user's feedback rating, they still have the columns broken up a 'positive/ neutral / negative' ? How ridiculous. 

I did the unpaid case process, but it just really annoyed me that a user can repeatedly not pay for items yet have a completely positive feedback rating and not seem to face any consequence at all? Thanks again for your reply ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Thank you enigmabear for your reply also. I won't be leaving a false-positive for the rubbish buyer (as much as i want to leave a neg comment - it irritates me that i'd have to give a green positive to do so!) I did open a unpaid case. Just wish ebay would review how absurd their feedback rating system is. Thanks again for clearing this up for me ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply. I had no idea that ebay no longer allowed neg/neutral dots.

Just for buyers.

Reason the columns for negs and neuts are still there is if that buyer sells something, a seller can still receive negs or neuts.

Just not as a buyer as it was being abused by sellers. Hence eBay introduced the unpaid cases with strikes to punish buyers.

Glad to see you doing unpaid cases, and neither party can leave feedback once you close the unpaids.

image host
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

The sad thing is if those previous sellers opened unpaid item cases against your 'buyer', the buyer would have received strikes and may not have been able to bid on your item at all, they would find themselves blocked from bidding on a lot of items.

That's an outcome with teeth and it's automatic, no need for a seller to check feedback after the event.

And far more effective than giving a score boost to a serial pest.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

You mentioned opening an unpaid dispute against the buyer......stupid question, but did you close it again after 4 days? Have to got buyer requirements set up to stop the serial pests who don't pay? I rarely get unpaids. In fact, I couldn't tell you when my last one was. Having the blocks in place really does make a difference. Especially when you check the log to see how many the blocks have stopped.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply